Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

Underwhelming but let's give him a chance eh. May turn out to be a shrewd signing if we can get some crosses into the box (Trippier) and if we can maybe get him a partner with a bit of pace. 

I don't mind Wood coming in if other signings are genuine quality, like.

People are going to go mental about this one but it does make sense on a couple of fronts. Just got to hope his poor form for the season is down to fatigue with Dyche's methods. What is his goalscoring form typically like? Even across the season?

Just now, STM said:

You lot have no idea how effective this cunt is as a target man. He's always been a nightmare to play against. It's stage one of the new regime. Needs must.

Aye. We need to just survive ffs. Trippier was a one-off cos he knows Howe. We're not gonna fill the team with Champions League players. 

I think he will score a boat load , class signing in our predicament.

The good stuff will follow , we need to stay up .

Happy to at least have a focal point , someone is better than nowt .

Also, I love how obviously this signing is a product of Trippier's agent leaking the clause to us, us saying "no thanks", then realizing that we won't have another striker for Saturday and going back to him with "so, about that release clause..."

Just now, ManDoon said:

I’m not gonna clog the thread with negativity, but just reminds me of Ashley era signings. Hope he does well, but yeah not for me Clive 

Well he's 30 for a start so for that reason it's already very different. 

Happy with this, as good as it's gonna get at this point in time. Competent cover/partner for Wilson who has proven he can score goals at this level, also let's face it he's a good signing for next season if we do indeed go down.