Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

1 minute ago, midds said:

£20m for Chris Wood is an eye-watering amount of money, it's way too much for what he brings imo. That said I think Trippier brings far more for his fee so it sort of balances out a little. I'm just trying to think that we've spent £32m for Trippier and Wood combined. It's the only thing that's helping :lol:

Well I used to do the same with asm & Joelinton but turns out the unfavored expensive signing turns out to ge the one who's needed right now.

Just now, GeordieDazzler said:

Who are Burnley going to sign at his quality/experience for 20m? As we've found out the market for anyone half decent is prohibitive. Even top tier championship strikers may not move if they look like getting promotion.

They got Cornet in the summer for 12 million and he's scored better than 1 in 2 this season. Different position obviously but I don't think Burnley were gonna sign anybody this window as they're skint - now they'll probably at least throw the dice on somebody abroad. 

Like I say our hands are tied and if he keeps us up it's every penny well spent. But it could just as easily backfire quite embarrassingly if we're unlucky.

It’s a risk, but all of these mooted January transfers are risks. He knows the PL and can score goals. I’ve always thought he’s a decent player. The risk is Burnley bring in Brereton-Diaz for £24m and he sets the PL alight whilst Wood scores 1 goal and we are relegated.

1 minute ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Burnley use this money to buy Brereton Díaz

No way Blackburn sell to Burnley like.

Their owners would be lynched.

Edited by Sima

20M is huge for Wood but he’s a better striker than the 40M one we have playing in midfield at the moment. We also have an expensive Mexican who couldn’t shoot fish in a barrel.

On that basis I’m in, he could link up with Wilson quite well if Howe goes that way.

1 minute ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Burnley use this money to buy Brereton Díaz

Can't see Blackburn selling their star striker to their bitterest local rivals when they have a really good chance of getting promoted 

Just now, Tsunami said:

20M is huge for Wood but he’s a better striker than the 40M one we have playing in midfield at the moment. We also have an expensive Mexican who couldn’t shoot fish in a barrel.

On that basis I’m in, he could link up with Wilson quite well if Howe goes that way.

Who's Mexican?