Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

Just now, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Exactly. And if we stay up we'll be binning him off anyway. 

Or more realistically we'd be looking to build a squad with depth in which he'd likely be able to contribute within for a couple of seasons.

Just now, relámpago blanco said:

I really don't see the issue with Wood, has scored double figures in the premier league 4 seasons in a row in a BURNLEY team.

He isn’t some foreign lad we know fuck all about or a big name who has massively underwhelmed at a Champions League club. As a result he doesn’t align with the picture postcard view of how this takeover was meant to play out and must be shit.

1 minute ago, GWN said:

Why are folk giving a fuck about the fee, we are stinking rich man .

Because it will affect what we can spend in the future - what's his true worth?  £5mil? £10mil max.

Also if we do sign another ST he would be a great impact sub to bring on in last 20 minutes to hassle the opposition or to get back and help defence during set plays, happy with this for next few but hope we do get more excited additions before end of the window.

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

His release clause won’t have been a secret in the prem. A ten goal a season player would surely have suitors you’d have thought 

At £20m? We are literally the only club who are desperate enough to trigger that clause. :lol:

Not saying it's wrong either, desperate times call for desperate measures. 

1 minute ago, Elliottman said:

Hell be our new Daryl Murphy. 

Exactly my thought. We need that kind of signing tbh. Imagine it was a talented foreign kid coming in to the dressing room instead…

Just now, Dokko said:

3 times as many goals as Messi.

Goals are critical of course, but it’s also what a player adds to the team, the group, on and off the pitch, again I think Wood will be a very astute signing at this stage for us.

2 minutes ago, GWN said:

Why are folk giving a fuck about the fee, we are stinking rich man .

More to the point in recent years we’ve spent the same amount on Willock, Miggy and twice as much on Joelinton.

His record in the PL is actually better than Rondon's? If he can bring what Rondon brought to us for half a season then that be pretty valuable to the squad, tbh.

If it was just Wood coming in this window then that'd be hugely disappointing and very, very Ashley, but I don't think that will be the case at all. I mean, we've already signed Kieran fucking Trippier who is an absolutely quality player.

Its not an exicting one but he will do for now, hopefully can get another forward in after watford.

We have bought similar players before that done a job so hopefully he will be similar.

People are forgetting that 20million is not alot of money, especially in Janary these days.

Good to see they are making a move at least in good time to get these transfers in, might get better quality towards the end of the month