Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Goals are critical of course, but it’s also what a player adds to the team, the group, on and off the pitch, again I think Wood will be a very astute signing at this stage for us.

Well we're going to find out.  Personally I'd have more faith of either a player bang in form or a player with bags of quality with something to prove.  Chris Wood fits in neither camp - Burnley are also in the relegation zone because they can't score goals.  So what do we do?  Buy their striker :yao:

Edited by duo

Every party involved knows what he's here for :lol: keep us up, get a fat wad of cash.

Not worried about any contract length - if we need to free up his roster space to sign mbappe they'll cut him free, loan him out or pay him off, it's not that deep. :lol:

Edited by thomas

1 minute ago, WillingtonMag said:

Trippier whipping in crosses straight onto his heed will soon have people change there tunes.

This. The quality of his crossing we need to utilise. We have no decent attacker who's good in the air, nearest being joelinton. 

This will be a feast for Wood. 

Might sound stupid but If we beat Watford and he scores, that's worth a few million on its own. It's buys us another week where we can get more players in and we'll look a much better proposition to possible signings.

For anyone saying this is an Ashley signing, ask yourself if Ashley ever met a release clause, then ask yourself how many 30 year old players he signed.

Definitely underwhelming, but many times when we've played against burnley just Chris Wood's massive presence in the box used to make me shit myself every time they whipped a ball in or had a set piece. I think he'll do a job for us, at least while Wilson's not available.

Not exciting by any means but he'll hopefully be able to hit the ground running and give us someone who can lead the line until Wilson is back. Really important that we don't have to shove ASM or Joelinton up front where they'll be less effective.

It's not the signing any of us were dreaming of but it's hard to overstate just how big a difference there'll be in the players we can attract this summer if we can stay up. If Wood can contribute towards that, he'll have been worth bringing in.

Would be lovely if we could sign Ekitike or someone comparable, an exciting young player with pace who can largely be used from the bench to take advantage of tiring defenders until he grows into someone who's ready to start.

Just now, ManDoon said:

Well yeah but both things can’t be true. There must be something people aren’t seeing in him. 

Mate, I think he'll actually keep us up. He's limited, useless for most aspiring teams looking to be ambitious, but he will get on the end of crosses, and he'll likely score the odd winner. 

He's the Sam Allardyce of centre forwards. 

1 minute ago, Joey47 said:

For anyone saying this is an Ashley signing, ask yourself if Ashley ever met a release clause, then ask yourself how many 30 year old players he signed.

Definitely underwhelming, but many times when we've played against burnley just Chris Wood's massive presence in the box used to make me shit myself every time they whipped a ball in or had a set piece. I think he'll do a job for us, at least while Wilson's not available.

If anyone says it’s an Ashley signing, just never speak to them again. 

Just now, Dr.Spaceman said:

Have you seen his goalscoring record? Che Adams cost Southampton 15 million for comparison.

He's 5 years younger.  Zero sell on potential with Wood and Che is a much better player - imo

Mixed feelings. Price is irrelevant. We're desperate. He's 30 and just a big lump really so it's kind of underwhelming but he gives us a focal point and instantly improves our attacking options, not hard I know. Every time I watch him play, he seems to win about 45 headers a game so he's a bugger to mark. If he nets 5 or 6 and we stay up, 20m is a drop in the ocean. Need at least one more striker, preferably one with pace who can run all day, can't rely on any of our other forwards at all.

I'd be happy with Wood if he was mainly on the bench next season. I think he's a decent / good striker that would be a good option to bring off the bench in the long term.

Hopefully in the short term he can bang them in and keep us up.

5 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

His record in the PL is actually better than Rondon's? If he can bring what Rondon brought to us for half a season then that be pretty valuable to the squad, tbh.

If it was just Wood coming in this window then that'd be hugely disappointing and very, very Ashley, but I don't think that will be the case at all. I mean, we've already signed Kieran fucking Trippier who is an absolutely quality player.

Most of Rondon's time in the PL was labouring away as an extremely isolated frontman in Tony Pulis's West Brom, one of the worst sides for a striker to be in you could think of. False equivalence imo, Rondon at his peak is 3 times the player. 

Edited by Barnes23