Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

Look we know this isn’t what we thought but this window is hugely difficult to get a player in let alone a striker .

Quit moaning , we just need to get 4th bottom , whatever it takes .

Happy with this. He's got plenty of experience in the league and in playing for a team towards the bottom of the league. If we get another more exciting forward signed too then great, but I think having him ready to (hopefully) hit the ground running on Saturday is the most important thing.

Just now, cookidge said:

Actually relieved to see this news, even if it's a little underwhelming.

Aye. Even though he's the epitome of the sort of footballer I hate normally, I have always fancied him to score a goal, usually an ugly one. 

Few different levels to this one.

- He is proven, knows the league and can score, brings real presence in the air and holding up the ball.

- We have Dwight Gayle 

- We are aiming for two strikers this window so I expect over the next 3 weeks we will be making big plays for someone else. Either young potential or someone like PEA. 

- Likely someone Howe identified and wants. Likely on his shortlist when he came in.

The scary part is the money we give Burnley and how far that gets them either in the transfer or more likely loan market.

Either way he can hit the ground running which is what we need for for weekend. Not exciting but he is the hero we need right now, not the one we feel we deserve..

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

I hope he proves me bang wrong, I really do. The most important part is what they do with the money really 

Same - would love him to prove me wrong.  To me it just wreaks of desperation - it's a massive gamble.

1 minute ago, cookidge said:

Actually relieved to see this news, even if it's a little underwhelming.

:thup: The owners seem to be proactive at least. He isn't exactly a Hollywood dream signing, but can finish and will be ideal for us in the short term.

3 minutes ago, Shak said:

Not exciting by any means but he'll hopefully be able to hit the ground running and give us someone who can lead the line until Wilson is back. Really important that we don't have to shove ASM or Joelinton up front where they'll be less effective.

It's not the signing any of us were dreaming of but it's hard to overstate just how big a difference there'll be in the players we can attract this summer if we can stay up. If Wood can contribute towards that, he'll have been worth bringing in.

Would be lovely if we could sign Ekitike or someone comparable, an exciting young player with pace who can largely be used from the bench to take advantage of tiring defenders until he grows into someone who's ready to start.

Yes I think you’ll see a pacey, exciting forward come in this month too. Will be good to have different options.