Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

Just now, Barnes23 said:

Most of Rondon's time in the PL was labouring away as an extremely isolated frontman in Tony Pulis's West Brom, one of the worst sides for a striker to be in you could think of. False equivalency imo, Rondon at his peak is 3 times the player. 

I mean, you could reverse that argument in favour of Wood too.

Rondon's best ever return in a top league is 14 for Malaga, same as Wood's best return in the PL. I think 3x times the player is a bit of a stretch (and I loved Rondon).

2 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

£25 fucking mil, that's ridiculous. 

At lease it confirms that we're filthy rich and money is no object anymore.

It's a disgusting fee, but it will save us £100m if his goals keep us up.

That's how I'm going to look at it.

Regardless of whether he's a success or not, he either weakens Burnley or, if you're of the opinion that they base their entire style around him, upsets that style of play.

And that's all in the cost of his fee imo.

Edited by Kid Icarus

dont care about fees or salary, that's for Amanda etc to worry about.    Its clear that we needed someone in for Watford, looks like Wood is it.    Gets my full support.  Get him signed tonight and then progress with the other irons in the fire!

2 minutes ago, CFlan said:

I bet the Burnley being furious bit is coming from our side. “ I’m telling ya Craig, Burnley we’re bloody furious on the phone. They were that mad,  they were manically laughing” 

"The woh gan pyooah radge on the furn like mate, aye. Big Yas and the Roobins had to stop tha sels propa creasin up in the background."

Edited by Carlito

From Trippier to Wood is a bit of a come down, I can't lie. :lol: 

That being said, I think its a signing that could end up being pretty astute, he's Premier League proven and in a turgid side at that, he's scored 10+ goals a season pretty constantly, he's always came across as a bit of a bruiser, and we will be his biggest club to date, so will be up for the fight. Its a position we are unbelievably weak in, with next to no backup, and it weakens a fellow relegation rival.

We need players in ASAP, and while its not a sexy player, in the position we are in I think he's kind of exactly what we need. £20m is a bit steep, but we needed a striker in before Watford, and we're going to have it. 

Ridiculously overpriced, but people have been saying all week to throw money to ensure deals are done, could be the greatest £25m spent when looking back in May. Decent enough for me as long as more quality players follow.

Also worth saying Luke Edwards was bang on the money the other day. I know he's a windup merchant but so far in this window he's been reliable, whether people want to admit it or not.

I think some believe he'll be our number 1 striker for the next 3 years?

Erm nope, he'll hopefully do a job for us, and be a solid, experienced squad player. We'll go proper radge in the summer.

Plenty time left in the window too for another forward.

Anyhoo, time to leave the thread for a while as I'm smelling damp sheets from some

I mean, we're clearly fucking desperate at this stage. We're 19th. We have no fit strikers. We have 2 unfit strikers and one of them is fucking hopeless. We have a run of potentially winnable games over the next 2 months. And we've just dropped the bandit.

We have no other option but to thrown money at the problem, that's the only positive thing in our favour. I think he's just a big lump who's extremely limited. I also think he needs most of the team set up to pump it in the box and eventually he'll get on the end of things and convert a few bouncing balls and that's about it. £25m is insanity but we literally have no other option but to pay maximum prices to get out of this fucking mess. I'm genuinely torn. He's pretty shit imo and vastly overpriced but we have no choice. It shouldn't have come to this but it clearly has. What a fucking club :lol: