Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

I'm not sure 20 mil -  in January, to the richest club in the world, in a really desperate situation, for a striker with 10 or more PL goals the last 4 seasons running - really is that surprising a fee in 2022.

Also, he our first Kiwi?

Edited by Inferior Acuña

11 minutes ago, TRon said:

It's a disgusting fee, but it will save us £100m if his goals keep us up.

That's how I'm going to look at it.

Is it though, as you say if it keeps us up its shrewd business 

I think if we were signing him AND Botman, the feelings might be generally a bit more positive. Time will tell, but at least we'll have a physical presence up top and a big set piece threat that we wouldn't have had otherwise. Might get us the win on Saturday in what will probably be a tense, tight and shit game.

Edited by LionOfGosforth

7 minutes ago, Memphis said:

If we can't get a halfway decent striker for less than 30-40 million, how far do you really think Burnley can make 25m stretch? 

They'll probably buy some lump from League one. Was going to say they might use that money to get someone in from Europe on loan, but not easy reeling those in, as we are seeing ourselves. 

Worth the risk considering our position. Bet we can recoup at least half of the money down the line as strikers like him are always in demand in the wankership. 

Hopefully I wont jinx him, but I have a feeling he will not bow down to the pressure (similar to Murphy/Best) and show the rest of the team that they dont have to be shit scared every time they attempt a shot at goal. 

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

Am gonna go out on a limb here, I predict he’ll score 12+ goals for us between now and end of season.

That could be a few close 1-0’s if we manage to sort out the defence 

That's literally Mo Salah type statistics

1 minute ago, dcmk said:

We should have done this deal on transfer deadline day to ensure they can't sign a replacement & focused on getting someone else in right now.

I think we should focus on trying to win some games, not play 4D chess with Alan Pace.

This is our Grant Hanley!

20 million pounds seems like a lot but there's a few positives, namely he can score in this league, it weakens a rival and he's (hopefully?) in for Watford.

I would hope this isn't our only striker, but it's far from disappointing. If you want disappointment, I just realised after 40 minutes the oven was only on 50 degrees instead of 200, now that's disappointment.