Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

Just now, Big Geordie said:

If he's injured, then what's the point in signing him? We need someone ready for Saturday to slot straight in.

We won’t be signing the guy if he’s injured, it just wouldn’t happen with games running out

5 minutes ago, HTT II said:

People were happy we were seemingly going to spend 30-40m on some unknown 21 year old defender from France yet are seemingly unhappy we are spending 20m + on a proven PL CF?

We want to play FM in real life. Too much to ask?

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

10 or more a season over the last 4 seasons in a Burnley side, he could well get another 7 for us to match that… again it’s not always about the goals, but what a player adds to a team on and off the pitch. We should know that better than most, Rondon, Perez et al were hardly prolific and our record signing couldn’t hit a ball hard never mind score goals!

Wood has been crap this season. All very well asking who will score the goals but he certainly wasn't. Been great for us the past few seasons but he's missed far too many easy chances this time round and is as responsible for us being where we are as anyone else.

As long as we replace him well, I'm not too bothered by him going. Top guy and he's getting a huge payday so fair play to him.

If this is true then it is a master stroke, Wood is spent

We'll be fine, look how much we improved when he went off against Huddersfield

Thanks for **** all this season, you absolute lump

Burnley fans seem gutted.

2 minutes ago, dabe said:

Saudi's proving why they should've hired a DoF as top priority before January. All a bit scattershot this.

It would have been scattergun with a DoF appointed aswell, even the top operators would struggle in this window in our predicament.

Edited by Whitley mag

Not fussed about the price, that is what it is, we aren't penny pinching anymore.

I'm not certain he'll do any better for us than he has for Burnley though, he'll have purple patches and barren spells like every striker. If he can get 6 goals before the seasons end then that'll be a decent return and he'll have done as is expected of him I think. 

4 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Burnley fans seem gutted.

You could trawl through this forum and find similar shit about Wilson or lately ASM, I’m not disputing their claims as they will know better than any of us, but I just see a decent all-round striker with a 1-3 record who has scored 10 goals or more in the last 4 seasons, who is also regularly fit, seems a good character and adds experience and cover for us. It’s a no brainier type signing if presented, forget about the fee… ideally I’d rather we bought better quality, but as the saying goes, beggars can’t be choosers! Plus he may prove Invaluable in the Championship next season…

Edited by HTT II

Well I think this is certainly proving that we're going to struggle in the transfer market, particularly in January.

Still, he's probably better than Gayle, there is that. Any 30+ year old relegation rival left backs out there we could pay £20m for to replace Ritchie?

Some of the responses man!  Worst bargaining position ever, worst time to buy anyone, nearly bottom of the league.  He is exactly the type of centre forward player we need.  Who else? That 19 year old French guy, who hasn't kicked a ball in the premiership, for more money

We need players to keep us up

2 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

It would have been scattergun with a DoF appointed aswell, even the top operators would struggle in this window in our predicament.

Fair, although the Burnley heavy acquisitions aren't exactly the approach I was looking for from billionaire owners, difficult first window or not.

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

You could trawl through this forum and find similar shit about Wilson or lately ASM, I’m not disputing their claims as they will know better than any of us, but I just see a decent all-round striker with a 1-3 record who has scored 10 goals or more in the last 4 seasons, who is also regularly fit, seems a good character and adds experience and cover for us. It’s a no brainier type signing if presented, forget about the fee… ideally I’d rathe we bought better quality, but as the saying goes, beggars can’t be choosers!

My mates keep telling me this sort of thing about Gayle btw. They can't understand why we don't play him, given the amount of goals he's scored in his career.

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

Well I think this is certainly proving that we're going to struggle in the transfer market, particularly in January.

Still, he's probably better than Gayle, there is that. Any 30+ year old relegation rival left backs out there we could pay £20m for to replace Ritchie?

No probably about it, he’s far superior to Gayle 

I usually hate the “well if his name was Christoph Bois, then everyone would be happy” type arguments. But this does feel like people would be buzzing with an unproven player from another league. As opposed to this boring and kind of uninspiring, but more safe signing. 

Obviously I would have rather we signed someone like Vlahovic, Schick or Nunez. But I can imagine plenty of top players don’t want to come here right now or will have better offers. We are awful and looking like we’re going to get relegated. Never mind pushing for a Champions League place. 

Picture it. It's 22nd May 2022, 17:56. Burnley hosting Newcastle on the final day of the season. The score is tied at 3-3 going into the fifth and final minute of injury time. Burnley know a draw is enough to see them maintain the 2 point gap they hold on the visitors. Suddenly Trippier bursts down the right wing, goes to the line and stands a cross up for the onrushing Wood to dive full length and bullet a header into the Burnley net, Turf Moor erupts and Newcastle win the game and their survival with the last attack of the season :aww: