Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

6 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

£20m [emoji38]

I think it's a good signing like but we're being raked over the coals here and giving Burnley a massive lifeline.

I really don't get your confidence that Burnley are going to spend the £20m on someone better

4 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Do we have any idea why he's had a poor season? Or is there a trend that he scores in patches?

Don't buy that he's finished physically, he should theoretically be in his prime and I don't think he's had any major injuries. Could be a motivational issue? 

We might just need him to score goals between now and the end of the month, if we've got other players lined up [emoji38]

Burnley have been even worse than usual. Plus his shithouse partner in crime, Barnes. Has been missing. 

9 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

£20m [emoji38]

I think it's a good signing like we're being raked over the coals here and giving Burnley a massive lifeline.

If we had to settle for Wood, how in the world are Burnley going to find someone better for that money?

I love this signing. We are weakening a direct competitor in our mini-league and he's a proven goalscorer in the PL. Getting +10 goals per season in that Burnley team isn't exactly a poor resume. Fee we paid is insignificant, if he helps us avoid relegation he was a bargain.

Edited by Pata

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

For £20m we could probably be going for someone like Cabral, man.

Would rather throw an extra £10m each at Sevilla and Lille for Costa and Botman than £20m for Wood like.

If he’s coming in to be our third choice striker behind Wilson and another, I can about accept it.

If he’s coming in to play every week Wilson is out, this is a mental signing.

6 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

He's coming for his medical tonight, he will likely be an NUFC player by tomorrow. Piss and moan all you want but it's not going to change anything. Give the lad a chance, Burnley don't have players like ASM, Frasier and to a much greater extent Trippier.

We've bought a squad player that'll have to come straight in the first team, he's got PL experience and he's got an eye for goal. Plus we've taken a goal scorer away from a team we need to finish above. The price is irrelevant, who will Burnley likely attract in a similar position to us but without the promise? £25m doesn't buy you much these days, especially up front.

We don't have a player like Frasier either.

Just now, Pata said:

If we had to settle for Wood, how in the world are Burnley going to find someone better for that money?

I love this signing. We are weakening a direct competitor in our mini-league and he's a proven goalscorer in the PL. Getting +10 goals per season in that Burnley team isn't exactly poor resume. Fee we paid is insignificant, if he helps us avoid relegation he was a bargain.

Apart from Cornet who they bought for less than that money? They could easily find a good replacement, we’ve also given them the whole of January to find one.

Not sure Burnley will necessarily manage to reinvest the money either.

Presumably they’ve been caught on the hop somewhat, so now have to conduct a striker search of their own. Like us, clubs will see they’ve come into money and try to get as much of that as they can. And, again like us, they’ve got the difficult issue of trying to attract players while they sit in the relegation zone.

Just now, ManDoon said:

Some of them are 

“Hes been a great buy overall but he's 30, presumably on big money and can't buy a goal right now. When he's not scoring, he offers very little and really contributes to making us so one dimensional.”

That's nonsense.  It is all Dyce.  You watch Burnley and they play to his tune of lump it to sarge.

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

Apart from Cornet who they bought for less than that money? They could easily find a good replacement, we’ve also given them the whole of January to find one.

We desperately need someone for the weekend.  Not like we could hold off.

4 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Perhaps he peaked two years ago and as a 30 year old striker in a poor team he's just not as good as he used to be?

Howe must see something in him, unless we're contracted to only employ former Burnley players and managers?

But his season last year was better than 1 in 3 in the league; this is a stark drop to 1 in 6. Feels like there must be some big factors in that.

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Would rather throw an extra £10m each at Sevilla and Lille for Costa and Botman than £20m for Wood like.

If he’s coming in to be our third choice striker behind Wilson and another, I can about accept it.

It feels like we could throw an extra £10m at Botman and Lille will come back asking for £15m though tbh.

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

He's also shite, even when he's "fit"

It's your mates who were asking why he wasn't playing, I was just providing a reason. :lol: 

Yeah he is shit, but I actually think this Wood signing keeps us up, and I don't like him as a player at all.

Just now, Gallowgate Toon said:

But his season last year was better than 1 in 3 in the league; this is a stark drop to 1 in 6. Feels like there must be some big factors in that.

Their fans are implying that he's finished. Whether that's physically or mentally I'm not sure. Perhaps Howe can breathe new life into him and he can get onto the end of an overhit Ritchie cross or two.

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

And played Watford without a striker? We'll still need to recruit for those positions but we pretty much have to win on Saturday. We spent all game last week crossing to the ghost of Callum Wilson. Having a actual live striker in there is massive. If we can get some results before the end of Jan we may find people more willing to join. 

Just now, TRon said:

It's your mates who were asking why he wasn't playing, I was just providing a reason. :lol: 

Yeah he is shit, but I actually think this Wood signing keeps us up, and I don't like him as a player at all.

My point is you should generally trust the views of the fans of the actual team, not away supporters. Everyone rates Gayle, we know he's shite. Loads of people on here rating Wood, Burnley fans think he's shite. 

WORRYING