Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

Ultimately regardless of what we think , we need a striker , he may be cr*p which could be down to a number of reasons but if he scores and we win on Saturday that'll be worth its weight in gold, though I have reservations about his stated fee.

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

Sounds* like Man City have decided against going after Kane based on his form this season, so I guess teams do look at weird things like form.

* Obviously only ever rumour they wanted him in the first place

Not saying they don't, but there are plenty of examples of players getting a move and kicking on. Half of the players that have been touted for us are exactly that - Coutinho, Umtiti, Lingard, Ramsay, Dele Alli. Chris Wood is the same sort of thing over a shorter period of time, just obviously with a much lower ceiling (around a 1 in 3 striker) than those players.

It's an unfashionable signing but I think it's a smart move.

18 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

That's not actually true though is it, other than against Cambridge. 

I dont agree at all. We might have a history of not creating many chances, but a lot of the few we did, we squandered. And in the very recent past, we've started to create a lot more chances relative to what we were, and we're seeing a lot more of the ball in the final third. And we have trouble soring. We have 1 finisher. 

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Usually they are younger though. If age starts to correlate with form that’s a bad sign usually. 

I'd definitely agree if anything about his game had pace or if he was picking up injuries regularly, but I don't think being 30 and half a season of poor form is conclusive either way.

4 minutes ago, nortoon said:

Why's he taking the train? :)

Covid you would have thought they could at least drive him up.

Maybe it's for the best because we all know what happened the last time a private plane was involved with Burnley... 

2372006220089604907_5020378.jpg

Guest neesy111
Just now, Andy said:

Mad that we're paying 20 million for him and he's getting the train up like :lol:

Depends where he was etc.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

I'd definitely agree if anything about his game had pace or if he was picking up injuries regularly, but I don't think being 30 and half a season of poor form is conclusive either way.

Especially being the kind of player he is, basically a big target man, who is pretty lethal in the air. It's not like he was relying on express pace to get on the end of crosses, it's mostly just anticipation and shrewd movement. 

Guest neesy111

It's certainly not a terrible signing as some have said, although £25m is pushing it a little.  Just need him to hit the ground running.