Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

Guest Biggsbond14
2 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

It was actually more for it being a terrible attempt with the name.

I didn’t want to do this Joel💩💩💩on 

1 minute ago, worthy said:

I truly hope I am proved wrong, but this feels like a panic dud imo. He has been ultra gash this season and its not like we are playing a style fit for lumping it up to tall man.

we might do for the next couple of weeks to try and scrape a few points.

Guest Biggsbond14

Are the press speculating on the price ? Tripps was talked about being 35m but we got him for a fraction of that unless the buy out is that much 

1 minute ago, Chicane said:

Agree with the Sibierski dislike but I can't explain it :lol:

The disgust over the signing was as universal as I've ever seen it on here. He's probably the reason the disgust hasn't been as bad since because he wasn't just not that bad, he was good.

10 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Still absolutely meh. It cant just be him to Wilson is back.

And he's nowhere near Wilson in quality.

He's outscored Wilson in 3 of the past 4 seasons he's played in the PL. Wilson has only got into double figures in 2 of his 6 past PL seasons, Wood has in all of his 4 past seasons.

3 minutes ago, worthy said:

I truly hope I am proved wrong, but this feels like a panic dud imo. He has been ultra gash this season and its not like we are playing a style fit for lumping it up to tall man.

We don't have to just lump it up to him though we just need a focal point and some one who can strike and head a ball, which before this signing we were going into a 6 pointer with out.

Think the club has opted to go the premier league experience route and just don't feel they can take risks on players from abroad, particularly for one of the strikers coming in, and it kind of makes sense I think, especially after Saturday's pathetic efforts.

It's a very sensible signing as his record and presence on the pitch has been fantastic for Burnley in the premier league. He's scored goals for them and he brings physicality and intimidation. He's not a shrinking violet like so many of our current pansies. Not the exciting name we were hoping for, but I have no doubt that will come in the summer, and Wood can then transition to being a solid experienced squad player, which would be in line with his age.

In my opinion I think he is going to score goals for us. He'll have a lot of motivation moving to the club where one of his idols played and was a legend, and I have no doubt Shearer will be in touch with him, geeing him up too. Think he'll also relish getting a chance to play in a team that works the ball higher up the pitch more before creating chances. Burnley have been really strange this season, the only reliable service they get to their front men is from Dwight McNeil. It seemed they had bought Cornet to provide some decent service from the other side, but he has ended up playing upfront, albeit really well. I think Wood needs more reliable service and in my opinion he'll certainly get that from the likes of ASM, Fraser, Trippier and even Joelinton. The guy is geat in the air and hits the ball really well, he's going to score goals in this team.

Solid signing I think and very very shrewd. Personally, would have loved to see us take a look at some of the really interesting strikers from abroad like Cabral, Barbosa, Azmoun and even Morelos, but we are in such a state I can see why they've made this move instead. I think if we were comfortably in mid table we would have gone a different route for sure.

Think if we stay up in the summer we'll see one of Darwin Nunez, Alexander Isak or Patrick Schick then come in.

Edited by KaKa

1 minute ago, cannybagoftudor said:

We need a CF now - if he gets us points v Watford and or Leeds money well spent - if we lose both - waste of space and cash - let's give him a chance - then speak with the wisdom of hindsight.

Very well put! 

4 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

He's outscored Wilson in 3 of the past 4 seasons he's played in the PL. Wilson has only got into double figures in 2 of his 6 past PL seasons, Wood has in all of his 4 past seasons.

I believe this would be down to Wilson being injured more often. Wilson is definitely the better striker but stats are stats in this instance. We need actual goals and not probable goals. 

1 minute ago, WillingtonMag said:

We don't have to just lump it up to him though we just need a focal point and some one who can strike and head a ball, which before this signing we were going into a 6 pointer with out.

The thing that worries me the most is paying 25 million for someone who is playing in a team that plays to his strengths, and its not working out and thats one of the reasons they are in the predicament they are this season. Now, of course it might just be different when he comes here, but lets be honest. There is only two players ready that are better than what Burnley have and one of them is a form player. The rest of the squad is if not as terrible but even worse than some of the players they have at their disposal playing to his style. Now that part is what worries me.

I get that they might want to go the experience route and all that jazz. But people could be looking at Gayles record and say the same "Look he can score goals!". It is a scary signing to make that reeks of panic and desperation. I hope it pays off, I really worry it wont.