Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

Guest Biggsbond14
13 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Longer term question, if in 18 months Wood is our 3rd striker - how would you feel?

If he saves us from a relegation would that be adequate 

3 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Who do we reckon the two players we’ll end up having to unregister before Saturday will be? Woodman or Gillespie will be one…

Do not need to deregister anyone until end of the window-ish when we have to finalise our squad.

20m. Wilson was injured two weeks ago and we desperately need a striker to come in for the Watford game. Either our scouts must be useless for us not to find viable alternatives at this price point and Howe is adamant about this signing. 

There’s no doubt we’re overpaying for him, but we’re in a desperate situation and we’re fast running out of options. It’s inevitable we were going to be ripped off somehow in this window. Hopefully, he does bang in a few big goals for us and make the fee as worth it as it can be.

Just on Burnley, Cornet hardly scored in France, but has 6 goals from 1.5 xG of shots this season. That's better than even Willock last season (8 from 4.85). It sounds like Papiss Cisse during his first 10 games. It won't continue. If we have been struggling to get a striker in with bigger wages, a bigger budget, and a search which started last month, I'd expect Burnley to struggle to get one in for the money we're giving them here with their wages, their proximity to London, their playstyle (for young players), their "project".

Wood will be an upgrade on Gayle and that's all that matters for the time being. We need another striker and a better one would be good, but have three weeks to find one.

3 minutes ago, OCK said:

People really think we're overpaying for a 10-15 goal a season Premier League striker for £20/£25m in the January transfer window?

Personally, I don’t think he’ll prove to be worth that much. I hope you’re right and I am eating my words with a spoon come May (or even next season if he does well in the league below). I don’t think any other team in the league would have happily bid that for him unless they were in a desperate need like we are.

1 hour ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

Get the lad in. He's got a decent record in a basic team, knows the league and the mix up top might be better for it.

He's also a Shearer fan according to the Premier League video on YouTube. His fav striker!

Big of muscle up top might allow Wilock to walk up and Max to get higher up the pitch.

...the moneys daft but means must.

He's sort of like a poor man's Shearer in some ways. Much clumsier obviously, but he does have a bit of strength about him both physically and mentally, great in the air, and whacks in a mean penalty.