Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

For Wood himself, I think he's better than Barnes, who was heavily linked with Chelsea a few years ago.

Wood's goal stats will compare with Peter Crouch, who played for Liverpool and Tottenham, much more freescoring teams than Burnley.

Guest Biggsbond14
28 minutes ago, STM said:

Tell you something else impressive. Doing medicals at night, in order to stop that little creepy cunt stalking new signings.

Who is this stalker you mention 

2 minutes ago, Stottie said:

For Wood himself, I think he's better than Barnes, who was heavily linked with Chelsea a few years ago.

Wood's goal stats will compare with Peter Crouch, who played for Liverpool and Tottenham, much more freescoring teams than Burnley.

Woods stats are better tbh. 

3 minutes ago, Stottie said:

Ashley Barnes was linked to Chelsea? Did I miss that?

Only time will tell, can never tell in football who is going to click and who isn't. We needed a ST and we have one. If he gets a few crucial goals and keeps defender's busy for others to score its good business for me.

1 hour ago, neesy111 said:

I will say this, we are going to have 3 strikers over the age of 30 (from next month, when wilson turns 30), we ideally need some youth as well imo.

And someone who has scored more than 3 goals this season 😬

I'm starting to see why the mackems think some of our fan base are wankers tbh. We need a striker for this run of games  because, without one we will go down. He is the best we can do at such short notice and actually he is good. He might be 30 but his goal scoring record is excellent in the Premier league. If we don't sign a striker, we go down. We can't sign Haaland or many others as we are 19th in the league. He is the best we can get, in time for this critical run of games. He is a good Premier League striker, you don't get into double figures every season if you are shite. 

Welcome him ffs. It also make Burnley weaker. 

And also fucking praise our owners for understanding the situation and acting. 

Fucking ridiculous some of you. 

Edited by relámpago blanco

1 minute ago, relámpago blanco said:

I'm starting to see why the mackems think some of our fan base are wankers tbh. We need a striker for this run of games  because, without one we will go down. He is the best we can do at such short notice and actually he is good. He might be 30 but his goal scoring record is excellent in the Premier league. If we don't sign a striker, we go down. We can't sign Haaland or many others as we are 19th in the league. He is the best we can get, in time for this critical run of games. He is a good Premier League striker, you don't get into double figures every season if you are shite. 

The most common sense post I have read in a while

Edited by OverThere

1 hour ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

If this is this evening, nee mask. He’ll be out with Covid come Saturday.

Where's his mask?  No good signing if he gets covid this week. Hopefully old photo.

Edited by duo

3 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Spot on we literally have no one at the club at the minute who can strike a fucking ball and finish a chance and people are complaining about this. Ridiculous.

Had Wood played for us against Cambridge we would have won.

He is what he is, but I am 110% sure he will score goals and be vital for our survival. 

Honestly, we need this more that a 19 year old with under 30 matches under his belt, NOW. 

He will be on the end of many crosses from Trippier.

One step at the time lads.

Edited by High Five o

7 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Absolutely nailed it 

Everton, West Ham and Villa wanted him last summer. He is a solid signing. Hopefully we bring in a wow factor striker before February too. 

I'm here for him helping us win at the weekend and all the "Got Wood" headlines. 

We have been missing presence and physicality in the box and all over the pitch really. He gives that for sure. 

Edited by toontownman

6 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Only have a positive opinion on every deal, gotcha. Gonna go the way of Rawk the way this is going. 

This is just as asinine as what you said was asinine, man. It’s the perpetual pessimism of some on here. And the inevitable whining to come that they are being oppressed. “ I got slated months ago for…” 

Edited by Vinny Green Balls