Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

Surely if we struggled to find a replacement then so will they, you would think even more so as we have money and a bright future. They won't have planned for this either considering its a release clause and don't seem happy about the transfer.

Just now, r0cafella said:

Not sure what to make of this, we need a striker that is certain but I don’t think Wilson is better albeit it injured. 

Should be a steady rotation player who can fame in and do a job at a hefty premium though. 

Just now, The Prophet said:

I've known someone frame every single topic in such a relentlessly negative way that isn't being deliberately obtuse or on the wind up.

Yes I'm naturally pessimistic but what is positive about the club apart from us being rich? All the players bar Wilson and ASM are dogshit and I think the manager was the wrong choice as well. I hope he and the new signings prove me wrong and keep us up but its hardly been a good start has it?

If we beat Watford and it's because Wood was involved in anything that contributed to the win if he otherwise hadn't have signed, then I'll assume the legs around the head position and suck my own balls.

Until then, he's still a cunt of a signing. 

1 minute ago, Beth said:

Yes I'm naturally pessimistic but what is positive about the club apart from us being rich? All the players bar Wilson and ASM are dogshit and I think the manager was the wrong choice as well. I hope he and the new signings prove me wrong and keep us up but its hardly been a good start has it?

Joelinton has been our best player since Howe took over. Never thought that would happen but it has. I'm expecting Dummett to return in disguise as Roberto Carlos.

12 minutes ago, Beth said:

Oh there's a lot to be negative about, particularly on the pitch.

On the other hand we're four months free of Mike Ashley, we have owners that want to and are trying to improve the club and a manager who is slowly but surely turning things round on the pitch. Regardless of what happens this season, there's a lot more to be positive than there was four to five months ago, it's not all doom and gloom.

Apologies if you're not a mackem, it was in jest :thup:

Edited by The Prophet

Just on the issue of whether Wood's been poor this season, his xG (5) is similar to Gabriel Jesus off the same appearances and a similar minutes played. Jesus has scored 2, Wood 3. Calvert Lewin, a 40M?? striker, has three goals off 4.11 xG. Wilson has three more goals off just over 5xG, but from less time on the pitch. Wilson has scored from a single chance a few times this season, e.g. Spurs home. I have many doubts about xG, but its a rough guide as to whether players are getting into goalscoring positions. Over the long term, top strikers will score more than xG, maybe 20% above, decent ones the same, and poor ones less.

With the squad we have, no fit striker means losing our best wide player and door opener, or losing recently our best box-to-box midfielder, just to have someone inferior playing up top. If Wood plays against Watford and Leeds, expect those other two to contribute much more effectively.

I know losing to Cambridge was embarrassing, but Joelinton had two free attempts from corners. Score one of them, as you'd expect a striker to, and we are not in the headlines.

3 minutes ago, Stottie said:

Just on the issue of whether Wood's been poor this season, his xG (5) is similar to Gabriel Jesus off the same appearances and a similar minutes played. Jesus has scored 2, Wood 3. Calvert Lewin, a 40M?? striker, has three goals off 4.11 xG. Wilson has three more goals off just over 5xG, but from less time on the pitch. Wilson has scored from a single chance a few times this season, e.g. Spurs home. I have many doubts about xG, but its a rough guide as to whether players are getting into goalscoring positions. Over the long term, top strikers will score more than xG, maybe 20% above, decent ones the same, and poor ones less.

With the squad we have, no fit striker means losing our best wide player and door opener, or losing recently our best box-to-box midfielder, just to have someone inferior playing up top. If Wood plays against Watford and Leeds, expect those other two to contribute much more effectively.

I know losing to Cambridge was embarrassing, but Joelinton had two free attempts from corners. Score one of them, as you'd expect a striker to, and we are not in the headlines.

Top posting. 

22 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

If we beat Watford and it's because Wood was involved in anything that contributed to the win if he otherwise hadn't have signed, then I'll assume the legs around the head position and suck my own balls.

Until then, he's still a cunt of a signing. 

Is Pissi still around?

Guest Biggsbond14
30 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Think we are struggling because clubs are really trying to fleece us, and asking insane fees. Just my opinion of course. Cash rich club, openly desperate, weak in a few positions = ridiculous agent fuckery 

Trippier didn’t cost much and other clubs aren’t selling due to champions league etc 😉

Guest Biggsbond14
14 minutes ago, Stottie said:

Because joelinton is shit 

37 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Think we are struggling because clubs are really trying to fleece us, and asking insane fees. Just my opinion of course. Cash rich club, openly desperate, weak in a few positions = ridiculous agent fuckery 

Probably some of this, but our awful position is not exactly helping either, as you well know. But if we weren't so desperate for Watford, 2 signings in the first 11 days is abnormally good for this club, given the past years under the fat man.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

48 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

We probably are getting the raw end of it, but agents have no say over transfer fees.

If anything, agents want LOWER transfer fees because then there's more money left for their client's wages.

It's a bit uninspiring but probably a sensible transfer in our position. Experienced target man who's pretty much always scored goals in the league and significantly weakens a direct rival. 

As a Kiwi, i'm probably drinking the Kool Aid but honestly, I have no issue with the Wood signing.

I see him and Trippier doing what Matthew Etherington and James Beattie did for Stoke the season we went down.  They were both signed in January in the midst of a relegation battle so one could whip crosses at the others head for 4 months, safety was secured and Beattie was immediately turfed from the First XI.  I have no issues with paying that money if Wood gets us half a dozen vital goals and is used as a substitute/cups striker from thereon.

13 minutes ago, Pandamninator said:

As a Kiwi, i'm probably drinking the Kool Aid but honestly, I have no issue with the Wood signing.

I see him and Trippier doing what Matthew Etherington and James Beattie did for Stoke the season we went down.  They were both signed in January in the midst of a relegation battle so one could whip crosses at the others head for 4 months, safety was secured and Beattie was immediately turfed from the First XI.  I have no issues with paying that money if Wood gets us half a dozen vital goals and is used as a substitute/cups striker from thereon.

This.

Also it's too bloody hot for me.

We where always going to struggle signing players in the current position we are in.

Also with the world cup coming up. all the top players need to be seen playing at the top clubs.

And our poor position doesn't merit any top players coming in.

We are I'm afraid going down this season and its all down to fat mike.

Happy with this.  A PL striker, most importantly in before the Watford game. I said previously, we've been knocking crosses in, we've been creating chances, flashing the ball across goal with no one capable of sticking them in. 

Woods will hopefully put one or two of those chances in. Much better option than having ASM playing and dancing up top on his own and then see his trick knock off his shin and out of play. Or Jacob Murphy having a one on one with the keeper and chipping it as soft as a soggy chips into the keepers arms.