Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

Just now, Ankles Bennett said:

I can see Burnley buying Origi for £7m and further strengthening with  the remaining transfer money and pulling away from the relrgatipn zone !

If Liverpool were to sell, which they’d be mad to given the competitions they are still in, he would have plenty of better options here and abroad than Burnley and he won’t be going for a mere 7m, regardless of the fact he will be available on a free next season. If Liverpool are keen  to sell, I’d offer them a 25m take it or leave it offer right now for him.

2 minutes ago, Ankles Bennett said:

I can see Burnley buying Origi for £7m and further strengthening with  the remaining transfer money and pulling away from the relrgatipn zone !

Liverpool will not sell him for less than £15m - I don’t think they will sell in any case 

furthermore Burnley can not afford his wages given their own finances 

Watched a few Arsenal games this year. Nketiah is actually an awful footballer but can pouch the odd goal. He makes Arsenal a lot worse when he plays as he can’t do any other work. 

On Wood- I like it. This is a pragmatic approach. We just need do what we need to do to stay up, even if it’s scrapping up by 1 point. 

Wood 50 goals in 155

DCL 43 goals in 151

If we'd signed DCL for 40million i'd imagine a much better reaction on the whole.

We've signed Wood for 20-25million and directly weakened an opponent as a result.

19 games left, reckon we need to score a minimum of 25, more likely 30 to get the points needed to stay up.

8 from Wood

2 from Trippier (free kicks obv)

1 from Shelvey

3 from the centrebacks

2 from ASM

1 from Murphy

Need someone to step up, make more from set pieces or bring in another goal scorer but Wood is a step in the right direction

1 minute ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

19 games left, reckon we need to score a minimum of 25, more likely 30 to get the points needed to stay up.

8 from Wood

2 from Trippier (free kicks obv)

1 from Shelvey

3 from the centrebacks

2 from ASM

1 from Murphy

Need someone to step up, make more from set pieces or bring in another goal scorer but Wood is a step in the right direction

Wilson will get at least another 4 IMO.

1 minute ago, JP said:

Wood 50 goals in 155

DCL 43 goals in 151

If we'd signed DCL for 40million i'd imagine a much better reaction on the whole.

We've signed Wood for 20-25million and directly weakened an opponent as a result.

There are many ways to look at stats, DCL is much younger, has far more to his game and will go on to score far more goals upto the age of 30 than Wood has. He would be worth every penny of 40m. But it does show you stats can be misleading…

14 minutes ago, Ankles Bennett said:

Come on then. 

Who they signing with the remaining £18m that will make them stronger than us.

Eminently sensible signing based on (i) how the manager wants to play (wide full-backs peppering the box with crosses), (ii) the fact he is, in the long run, either to be twinned with or perhaps understudy to Wilson or someone better who we sign in the future and (iii) because for 4 years he's regularly scored in this division with a team which doesn't, as an occasional outside viewer, seem to create a lot of chances. 

I think people looking down on him are doing so because he's associated with an unfashionable / unambitious / unglamorous club and style of play. To my (limited) mind, there don't seem many "plug in and go" striker options available for money which leaves us with money to use elsewhere. As others mentioned, it also weakens a rival. 

Solid and pragmatic signing - those saying this is like Ashley missed the point: under Ashley we tended not to make pragmatic signings based on what was required, instead just buying what was available / cheap / likely to be flipped for more money. 

Not blown away with this BUT we have literally no strikers, even when fit.  We need a focal point and he offers that, and will score some goals.  If he helps us stay up and becomes our 3rd/4th choice after the summer, I have no issues with that what so ever.  Total joke we have 1 striker, Gayle does not really count,  so get him in.

35 minutes ago, Ben said:

I hope we use him like Rondon and play ASM and Almiron either side of him 

Replace Almiron with Cantwell and we look a little better, whilst weakening yet another relegation rival.

1 hour ago, STM said:

Pleased to see my Twitter feed is 95% positive about this. Apart from the Mbappe jibes, fans of other clubs seem to see the significance of this move.

Anyone who mentions Mbappe in relation to any potential/actual NUFC signing is basically a signal that they are an utter twat and not worth engaging with. It's become shorthand for "I'm an unimaginative simpleton who loves the bantz"

8 minutes ago, Emotic said:

Replace Almiron with Cantwell and we look a little better, whilst weakening yet another relegation rival.

Norwich fans really don't rate him and can't get a game for them.

3 minutes ago, HawK said:

Read Almiron at Newcastle.

"Little better" is probably true. I've almost totally given up on Almiron, especially if we're not going to be using a 10. Fucking sick of seeing him on the right.

1 minute ago, HawK said:

He's not getting a game due to problems off the pitch, in addition to his refusal to sign a new contract. 

Most Norwich fans understandably seems frustrated with that, rather than his actual ability.

Just now, The Prophet said:

He's not getting a game due to problems off the pitch, in addition to his refusal to sign a new contract. 

Most Norwich fans understandably seems frustrated with that, rather than his actual ability.

Seems an ideal signing then...