Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

Just now, relámpago blanco said:

Its because playing alongside Cornet that I reckon his goals have dried up.  He is playing a different role now.  If you look at his heat map this season he spends alot of the time on the left hand side creating space for Cornet.

Cornet only scores when Wood is on the pitch.  In the Premier League, anyway. 

14 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Not sure tbh. New signings often inject life into poor sides though and we've sort of forced Burnley into doing that. Not saying it's a given they improve just saying if I was a Burnley fan I'd be be more exited with this than just continuing as is.

They now have to try and replace their main forward before the end of the month. I'm not sure I'd be excited about that. They might not even manage to make a signing. 

I wish him all the best. I don't have any strong feelings about this, but I do think he will do a job for us. 

If we think clubs are holding us to ransom on prices, that's likely to get a lot worse now. 

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Thought this would have been done by now. Did they lock him in a sanitisation room for 12 hrs after he turned up at the training ground last night? 

Took a couple of days to announce Trippier.

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, High Five o said:

We are 19th in the league, with no fit striker.

Band-aid is what we need. If we where comfortable mid table we would probably not sign him.

Not sure how a Bob Geldof inspired gig is going to help mind.

28 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

They now have to try and replace their main forward before the end of the month. I'm not sure I'd be excited about that. They might not even manage to make a signing. 

Or be allowed to. It was looking like they weren't planning to spend anything in this window to try to avoid very likely relegation, going down without a fight. Their owners might see the £25m as going a long way to covering the cost of relegation rather than gambling it on staying up.

10 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Or be allowed to. It was looking like they weren't planning to spend anything in this window to try to avoid very likely relegation, going down without a fight. Their owners might see the £25m as going a long way to covering the cost of relegation rather than gambling it on staying up.

I'm sure they did that last time. Started preparing for the Championship well before they were actually down.

Just now, Facundo Ferreyra said:

They're not even gonna get the whole £25m straight away. It'll be paid in installments. They're not going to be able to sign a Premier League level striker with what we'll give them up front. 

So they could pay in installments as well ?

Just now, Facundo Ferreyra said:

They're not even gonna get the whole £25m straight away. It'll be paid in installments. They're not going to be able to sign a Premier League level striker with what we'll give them up front. 

I mean, I'm sure they can get a loan. Or pay themselves for the replacement player in installments.

Also aren't minimum fee release clauses normally entirely up front? Otherwise you'd have to specify what payment terms were valid in the minimum fee release clause itself, otherwise the buying club could say "we'll just pay you over 100 years then".

2 minutes ago, madras said:

True, clubs paying in instalments is pretty much the done thing. Only Mike Ashley used to do it the other way. Probably thinking he’d get a cheaper deal if a club was skint.

51 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

We've removed ourselves from that situation and put them deep in it.

1 hour ago, relámpago blanco said:

Its because playing alongside Cornet that I reckon his goals have dried up.  He is playing a different role now.  If you look at his heat map this season he spends alot of the time on the left hand side creating space for Cornet.

His heat map is almost identical to last season though :lol:

His shots per game are certainly down though (2.1 to 1.8) but his aerial duels are up. I wonder if he's just been asked to play as more of a target man this season? Hopefully we won't expect the same.

From the Burnley forum. Have to admit that this crossed my mind as well despite it being fantastical. :lol:

Ok lost track of everything that’s been posted about Wood now but does anyone think this could just be the mother of all head f#cks from Newcastle.
Find out about the release clause.
Make enquiry.
Agree to meet release fee.
Agree personal terms.
Get medical done.
Then pull out at the final minute???

Screwed Woods head.
Screwed our heads.
Wasted BFC time sending us searching for replacements and not concentrating on chasing more important players??

Edited by Kid Icarus

If that is a release clause, surely it is in one lump sum to secure the player? Otherwise they have the right to reject say, a proposal to pay it over ten years or have to come to an agreement with the buying club, which means it is not certain.

14 minutes ago, madras said:

12 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

I mean, I'm sure they can get a loan. Or pay themselves for the replacement player in installments.

Also aren't minimum fee release clauses normally entirely up front? Otherwise you'd have to specify what payment terms were valid in the minimum fee release clause itself, otherwise the buying club could say "we'll just pay you over 100 years then".

Well, that's me telt. Hadn't even thought of that :lol: what a fucking whopper. 

3 minutes ago, LRD said:

If that is a release clause, surely it is in one lump sum to secure the player? Otherwise they have the right to reject say, a proposal to pay it over ten years or have to come to an agreement with the buying club, which means it is not certain.

Right, although there is nothing stopping Newcastle saying to Burnley, "We'll give you 15 now and sweeten it with 15 more over 5 years"

There would have to be some incentive to convince Burnley to accept that. Otherwise, they would just demand the 25M to activate the release clause.