Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

£25m spent on a striker with no resale value, that we’ll only really have in the first time for a season or two. The owners are deseperate to stay up and if we do, we’re in for a very good summer!

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Burnley will be fuming. 

we didn’t negotiate with them from the sounds of it just right in at the release clause. 

Trippiers agency are putting in some work for us :lol:

Who else do the agency represent? :lol:

5 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

Seems the right length to me. He is 30. Rest of the season and 2 more. 

If he's still performing we would be in prime position to extend anyway.

Another one of Ashley's legacies... signing players to long term deals, not because we see a future with them but because we don't want to lose them for free. Which was ridiculous anyway because you can lose as much money on wages for someone you can't get rid of.

19 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

We did trigger the release fee.

"Wood, who joined the Club in 2017, departs Turf Moor after scoring a total of 53 goals in 165 appearances, including three goals in 21 games this season."

Salty. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Anderson said:

"Wood, who joined the Club in 2017, departs Turf Moor after scoring a total of 53 goals in 165 appearances, including three goals in 21 games this season."

Salty. :lol: 

:lol: I'm petty enough that I'd be eating up a dig like that if it was the other way round tbf.

24 minutes ago, Facundo Ferreyra said:

Glad to see that not even the club's official Twitter is above making the obvious joke :lol:

Does he have a skin condition that I'm not aware of but WTF is going with his facial hair/beard?   Looks like he's just come off the pitch at Twickenham!

Shows the intent of the owners that we are spending 25m on a striker to cover an injury to our number 9 and see him as a short term stop gap, a 2.5 year contract is very sensible.