Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

10 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I think it's a different argument because Glendenning et al's argument isn't actually about any signings, it's about Bruce being a salt of the earth fella and those Geordies being a pack of cunts. The subject driving the view of secondary/irrelevant. 

But as for the signings, most of them were fucking useless imo. Even the two jewels in the crown - Wilson and ASM - are unreliable at best, particularly the former. 

Joelinton, Fraser, Carroll, Krafth, Bentaleb, Rose, Hendrick, Lewis, Willock - all utter, utter turd signings. Aye I know Joe's coming good but that's down to him and Howe; for two years he's been a joke. 

And Joelinton becoming a competent midfielder - and we only have a handful of games to support this - still wouldn't make him a good signing.  You wouldn't pay 40m for Joelinton - midfield dynamo.  There's obviously far better out there for that price.

We paid 40m because Ashley was persuaded by Nickson that the outlay would payoff - one day we'd sell him for far, far more than 40m.  Nickson is still heading up our scouting team ...

9 hours ago, Dandy Man said:

Saw Glendenning was unsurprisingly wheeling out the "if Bruce/Ashley had signed him" shite in piece in Guardian today, to be expected from that gobshite but did at least concede it was a "disappointingly shrewd" piece of business

One of the few Journos I've actually blocked on Twitter. He spent their whole season preview saying we were unfair to Bruce and Rafa was a dinosaur. The Saudi takeover just push him to insufferable. It's a shame as I quite enjoyed guardian podcast. 

I'm under the impression he's an actual Sunderland supporter isn't he? 

2 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

One of the few Journos I've actually blocked on Twitter. He spent their whole season preview saying we were unfair to Bruce and Rafa was a dinosaur. The Saudi takeover just push him to insufferable. It's a shame as I quite enjoyed guardian podcast. 

He is a confirmed and proud Sunderland supporter.

2 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

He's a dull fat tit. 

3 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Bruce is still available as a manager, it's not carved in stone he can only be Newcastle manager. What was stopping Norwich, Villa or Spurs from signing him? I haven't even mentioned Man U where he actually put himself forward for the job, but they still decided they'd rather go with some disastrous foreign name who has no association with the club. 

Where is the outrage? 

12 hours ago, MarkyMark said:

And Joelinton becoming a competent midfielder - and we only have a handful of games to support this - still wouldn't make him a good signing.  You wouldn't pay 40m for Joelinton - midfield dynamo.  There's obviously far better out there for that price.

We paid 40m because Ashley was persuaded by Nickson that the outlay would payoff - one day we'd sell him for far, far more than 40m.  Nickson is still heading up our scouting team ...

I don't see anything that points to Nickson being remotely special. Does my tits in that he's still here as, doubtless, he was happy to toe the Ashley line and be complicit in hamstringing the club for the future.

1 hour ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Glendinning is a fucking cunt like.

Agreed.  Didn't even know who he was until he started defending Bruce all the while.  Then once we were taken over, he kept popping up on my timeline.  Had to block him.  Even his profile pic at the time made him look like an insufferable, smarmy cunt.  That was without even factoring in all his bitter and twisted comments.  

14 hours ago, MarkyMark said:

Alternately, it was hard for Nickson to find genuine talent within the strict budget and profit-motivated approach that he worked under. Maybe other scouts with a higher profile may have also had to take more of a risk than they wanted or not pursue a player they thought would cut it. Whatever his role this January, one signing has been way beyond our reasonable expectations and one has been pragmatic and sensible, in my view.

47 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

If Rafa’s a dinosaur then Bruce is a single-celled proto-organism. 

Bruce isn’t even bacteria yet if Rafa is a dinosaur!

9 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

I've sacked off the Guardian pod in the last few months. Glendennig is a functioning alcoholic that is allowed to spew whatever he wants about us unchallenged. Even Rushden, who is usually trying to strike a balance doesn't question it and leans into his guff. 

It's funny for such a 'Massive Lads Fan' I noticed Glendennig's timeline was littered with tweets about our loss to Cambridge, but not even a mention of the credible point they got against Wycombe or the subsequent defeat to Lincoln. 

3 hours ago, Thiago said:

It's funny for such a 'Massive Lads Fan' I noticed Glendennig's timeline was littered with tweets about our loss to Cambridge, but not even a mention of the credible point they got against Wycombe or the subsequent defeat to Lincoln. 

In fairness, that’s like most Mackems :)