Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Of course it’s a valid argument, but none of us know these players on a personal level so how could anyone suggest a player without you using it as an argument? :lol:

I'm not arguing for the sake of it though, Lingard is reported as wanting to see out his contract then moving to a London club, and Martial has been reported as wanting a move to Spain. Neither of them are here, which suggests to me that the reports might just be accurate. I mean I can't prove it, but what do you think?

42 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

What about *insert name here* though? From the *insert league here* that would be available for *insert price here*? He's on the radar of a lot of scouts across the globe, I bet he'd come.

We're talking like we're a skint club in the 4th tier of Scottish football or something. There's obviously players that we can sign we've just done an appauling job of identifying them.

Like a broken record now but to keep blaming January and the fact we're in a relegation fight for the fact we haven't brought in the players we desperately need is clearlly wrong. It can explain why we haven't signed a specific player, possibly, but not literally any player that improves us in world football.

Yep. I saw something on Twitter yesterday about Watford’s new left back and how deals clearly can be done quickly in Jan and for a fair price. Signed on the cheap and had a very good debut, I thought. 

Our scouting network leaves a lot to be desired and that’s the polite way of putting it. 

Just now, TRon said:

I'm not arguing for the sake of it though, Lingard is reported as wanting to see out his contract then moving to a London club, and Martial has been reported as wanting a move to Spain. Neither of them are here, which suggests to me that the reports might just be accurate. I mean I can't prove it, but what do you think?

Because you’re asking us to name a player out of hundreds around the world. We couldn’t possibly know if they’d feel the same as two players currently at man united.

You’re basically claiming the best striker in world football who would come here is Chris Wood?

If Wood plays against Leeds I'd start Willock ahead of Longstaff in a more advanced midfield role, assuming we sign no one. Think he'll have someone to play off and make runs beyond in Wood. And although Willock has been garbage this season, Longstaff's presence on the pitch is an insult the the eyes.

52 minutes ago, Iansuzanne71 said:

What makes me laugh is if Bruce and Ashley had bought wood in the fans would have gone mad but because the Arab and Howe it’s ok.😂🤣

You mean to say people will make judgements based on context and react differently, such as Ashley being here for 14 years and Bruce for almost 3, whilst the new owners/Howe have been here for a few months, shocking that 🙄 

11 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Because you’re asking us to name a player out of hundreds around the world. We couldn’t possibly know if they’d feel the same as two players currently at man united.

You’re basically claiming the best striker in world football who would come here is Chris Wood?

No, I'm saying I'd prefer Martial or Lingard, but they won't come. Neither will Haaland or Vlahovic, I'd love them too, but we ended up with Wood. Not who I wanted, but for the life of me I can't think of an alternative, that's why I'm asking for one. It's January, not that easy IMO. 

1 minute ago, TRon said:

No, I'm saying I'd prefer Martial or Lingard, but they won't come. Neither will Haaland or Vlahovic, I'd love them too, but we ended up with Wood. Not who I wanted, but for the life of me I can't think of an alternative, that's why I'm asking for one. It's January, not that easy IMO. 

Diaz 

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

Yep. Obviously have no insight into his thoughts on joining.

They could still buy him tbh, assuming they would sell. But again, there's no guarantee he would have the same success at this level. But yeah, go for it, nothing to lose at this point apart from 20 or 40 million. 

5 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

He has a chance to score against Leeds for sure. However the Leeds game demonstrates how effective pace is up front 

We've got two really pacy forwards in Max and Almiron, but they end up running sideways quite a lot.