Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

I thought he was very poor in the box, but decent outside of it, with winning balls in the air, good lay offs, holding the ball up and drawing their CBs out which allowed ASM for example to make straight direct runs into their box. He was playing very deep though, too deep. Defensively he did well too.

4 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

Can we let the guy settle in and get to know his team mates abit more before we scrap heep him.. 

Nope! He’s shit. Might as well have kept Carroll - he’s mile better in the air

Just now, neesy111 said:

I'm not seeing a striker who can score goals.  Looks poor in the air for someone so big.

He won a fair few I thought and had to come deep for the ball too often. 

"Great feet for a big man" is the classic cliche, but no signs that he has them so far. If anything, its been bouncing off him. He did contribute though, so let's give it time.

I don't think he looks very fit and may be carrying a knock.

Thought he played decently tbh, defo lacking in front of goal mind. Might be a confidence thing. His general play to link the attacks from long balls was decent, couple nice little flick ons and held it up well when we needed to release some pressure. 

As a lone striker he's useless unless you're sticking in a lot crosses for him to head home. We don't really produce many crosses, so him with back to goal on his own or with one up in support pretty much nullifies him, as he has no quality or speed to do much with the ball at his feet. Hopefully he improves and changes my view, but I really hope we bring in Zapata urgently to play instead of him.

Guest neesy111
Just now, TRon said:

Hopefully he's just unfit and might gain a yard once he's up to speed. I'm clutching like, but what the hell. 

He shouldn't be unfit though, he's came straight from a PL side.

Didn’t see enough from him, I know he didn’t get many opportunities but I hope we manage to involve him more from here on out as he was a bystander for almost all the match and when he did get a touch it was poor 

Thought he looked ok to be honest, held it up well. Will take a few games to get to know his new teammates and get on the same rhythm, but no issue with him as a backup striker for now. Definitely need to bring in an upgrade though given Wilson’s injury record. If he starts for us for the rest of the season he’ll score 3-5 imo