Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

9 minutes ago, duo said:

Was ok yesterday but he's been brought in to get goals and he's barely had a shot never mind one on target.

He was signed to give us a focal point up front because without Wilson we have none, that and should we go down, he’d tear it up in the Championship. He’ll get goals, not loads, but hopefully enough. He was decent yesterday outside of the box. 

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

The ball just kept bouncing off him, his first touch was really poor

Similar to Wilson, basically they are outnumbered..we dont get players up quick enough.

He laid off one or two balls edge of the box nicely as well, hes fine for now but would be better to have someone up there with some speed to turn the cb

21 hours ago, Conjo said:

That's a pretty optimistic worst case :lol: He's nowhere near the player Santa Cruz was.

Forgive me, I mean our Santa Cruz if we're talking about ourselves as the new Manchester City. 

They kept a lot of their early business domestic and he was one of the bigger failures (down to injury mostly). I actually loved him at Blackburn. 

It's strange, I always fancied him to score whenever I watched him in recent years, never really noticed him on the pitch much, but he usually popped up with a goal.

But for us he's looked like an absolute donkey.

3 minutes ago, Sean said:

His FB Scout report (the ones that show Guimaraes as being a god at most things), makes for absolutely tragic viewing. Literally the only thing he is good at is winning aerial duels.

It is quite the conundrum that people think he is amazing.

1 minute ago, worthy said:

It is quite the conundrum that people think he is amazing.

Nobody has said he's amazing, have they? He has the record of a reliable goalscorer, that's it. It's been widely acknowledged that relying on him is a risk. But even if he doesn't get his 1 in 3 he is still an important presence in how the team will attack.

5 minutes ago, Sean said:

His FB Scout report (the ones that show Guimaraes as being a god at most things), makes for absolutely tragic viewing. Literally the only thing he is good at is winning aerial duels.

Why are people now trying to shoot down Wood.    His record shows for the past 4 seasons he averages 10+ goals a season.  Last season he had a slow start and then picked up in the second half of season.

Its clear that Wood wasn't their 1st choice - they reacted and then tried to get another striker in.    

Like it or not he is a NUFC striker now - the alternative is Gayle - wonder what his stats are for the past 4 years.........anyone, anyone, anyone.............

Guest reefatoon
14 minutes ago, TRon said:

It's strange, I always fancied him to score whenever I watched him in recent years, never really noticed him on the pitch much, but he usually popped up with a goal.

But for us he's looked like an absolute donkey.

Burnley played to his strengths and used him correctly. He seemed a bit of a strange fit for how we set up though, as he is a poacher that thrives on crosses, something we don't do. So he is basically stuck up on his own to win headers (but we have nobody around him to get on to the flick ons). his play is pretty limited, but we don't play to his strengths which isn't helping him. I don't think he is looking like a donkey as much as we are just not using him in the right way. If we had brought someone in with some pace who could play off him, he would probably be much more useful. Wonder if Howe will do that once Wilson is back.

Guest neesy111
46 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Is he back in the country yet?

49 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

We don’t play for a week so could still be back in time regardless.

If he's in NZ, we won't be seeing him for another 2 weeks with their isolation guidance times.

Guest reefatoon
4 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

If he's in NZ, we won't be seeing him for another 2 weeks with their isolation guidance times.

Oh dear. Not good news if so. Literally a day after transfer deadline day we could be strikerless. Ridiculous.

Edited by reefatoon