Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

Guest HTT II

And Wood was signed with one eye on playing in the Championship where he’d tear it up!

Edited by HTT II

I consistently find myself comparing Wood to Rondon… and the reality is there is no comparison.

I was in favour of signing him in Jan but I’ve actually been shocked at how lacking in any quality he appears to be.

Guest HTT II

To be fair we play with him up front on his own, we regularly have way less possession than the opposition and the service is often very poor. He’s obviously not of the standard, but if we had of went down I still maintain he would have tore up the Championship! 

3 hours ago, Paully said:

He's helped keep us up and that's all he was here to do!

We desperately needed a focal point up top!

Well, he's done his job, so can leave in the summer with all our blessings.

Just now, Skeletor said:

He's done his best for us and all, but today shows how important a good striker is. Wish him all the best with his future endeavours next season.

Been a big supporter of his, but agree - Wilson is different class. No issues with Wood being our 3rd choice as an option off the bench mind, and not being the only option might actually help without all that pressure on his shoulders.

On 16/05/2022 at 22:07, LiquidAK said:

Been a big supporter of his, but agree - Wilson is different class. No issues with Wood being our 3rd choice as an option off the bench mind, and not being the only option might actually help without all that pressure on his shoulders.

Personally, I would be looking to get him off the books as soon as possible. We won't get even a third of the price we paid for him though I would imagine.