Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

48 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Must admit I've been very surprised about how absolutely fucking shite he is.

Agreed! I didn’t expect him to be good but i at least expected physical presence, aerial prowess and maybe 5-6 goals. He’s been abysmal by anyone’s standards

Just now, Izakaya said:

Once he came on I didn't hear his name mentioned again. Absolute carthorse who should be peddled to the first interested party. We'd probably get about £7m for him. 

I know a new championship club he might do a job for.

I was fully behind the signing and I still understand why it was done.

But sadly he wasn’t very good and I don’t think he’ll be anything but a league cup player next season. 

I guess we need a squad, but if we could get 7-10m I would peddle him. 

1 hour ago, Joey Linton said:

He's played a part in the turnaround, but he just doesn't contribute what you need most, goals. If he gets moved on I'll wish him luck. 

That's the attitude I'd like us to take.

When the clubs doing well and team winning I don't feel right slagging off players (Kitson, Barton, Wood) not saying that's right because to go to the next level you have to be like that and turning a blind eye to weak points is a weak point itself.

Too buzzing to be hating.

Edited by Wolfcastle

1 minute ago, Wolfcastle said:

That's the attitude I'd like us to take.

When the clubs doing well and team winning I don't feel right slagging off players (Kitson, Barton, Wood) not saying that's right because to go to the next level you have to be like that and turning a blind eye to weak points is a weak point itself.

Too buzzing to be hating.

Yep. It's exactly the same with St Maximin, although it's always taken to ridiculous levels on here compared to at the match. Appreciate the team, rather than desperately picking out a weak link. 

tbf to the lad his goals got us 6 points which not only helped keep us up but also to get 11th.  The places in the table alone probably paid for his transfer.  He was a means to an end. 

Job absolutely done. Top lad.

11 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Guessing Weghorst will go back to Germany or Holland in the summer, they might just give us some of our money back for him.

Was listening to something the other day he’d only moved to prove himself for the Dutch WC squad. Isn’t going well. Burnley absolutely fucked financially it may appear too. 

I was horrified by his signing, even though I understood at the least we needed a body up front, although I think an actual body lying on the ground may have contributed as many goals [emoji38]

His all round game is much worse than I imagined it could possibly be. His level is clearly Burnley, not us.

7 hours ago, Mountain said:

Silver lining is he seems nice enough and not toxic.

Imagine being your country's all time scorer and still actually being rubbish.

He seems a bit rubbish now, but that must be cos he's on decline (or in a bad patch). Double figures in the PL for Burnley the last 4 seasons isn't rubbish (and the year before that was 27 in the Championship).

He was poorer than my fairly low expectations, but the team he was part of did a great job, so I think he deserves some credit for that. Think it's already time to move on though, if we're pushing on can't see he's shown enough to even be a back-up. Watching the goal he scored against us for Leeds in the Championship  can't even really imagine that now.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

He’s been a good outlet and figurehead for the team when we needed one but nowhere near the same league as Wilson now. If Burnley want to pay us half of what we gave them, I’d be happy to let him go. Sadly they haven’t got a pot to piss in now and the fans’ reception yesterday wasn’t exactly one of welcoming the local hero back.

2 hours ago, GWN said:

Don’t think we played to his strengths at all in the first half dozen games.mind, if at all? 

Given he’s shite with the ball at his feet, shite in the air (although we pumped thousands of long balls at him), and is never in the right place at the right time in the box - what would playing to his strengths have looked like?

2 minutes ago, Bompeter said:

Given he’s shite with the ball at his feet, shite in the air (although we pumped thousands of long balls at him), and is never in the right place at the right time in the box - what would playing to his strengths have looked like?

We didn't.

I'm not going to do any bigging up of the lad. Suffice to say we went out, paid the release fee and got ourselves an experienced Prem striker in the bank then went after a better one. That, better, one never arrived. 

It's totally a mute point to suggest playing Gayle or anyone else would've had better results. Whatever his part, or lack of therein, of that remarkable run we went on it happened. 

Him and Barnes worked well together in the way that Burnley have always played. He has a different role here and often isolated up front. Credit to the lad, he stuck at and always gave 100%.  At the time we had a choice of him or nothing and if we'd gone for the latter we may not have avoided relegation.

Season done for us, job done for him. We could debate forever and a day over how much of an effect having him as the focal point of our attack helped compared to just plugging the gap with Gayle for example, but you can't fault the effort and he seems a top guy. Fingers crossed we'll simply be wishing him well this summer as he lands at a Champo  club or PL relegation battler.