Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

1 hour ago, Miercoles said:

I mean, I'm not even a Chris Wood hater I thought he was really important for us last season and I don't think we stay up without him (ASM at CF was horrific).

But in this game... They didn't even say his name for the first thirty minutes. He missed his only other chance and just kind of looked miserable. I dunno, I hope he kicks on from here because the goal he did score was a nice one.

Vs Norwich he tore them asunder, it wasn't all bad.

Yet to score with either foot from open play in over 20 games, and showing no signs that is going to change. 

Thankfully he'll be further from the pitch when Isak finally gets a work permit.

I wasn't happy playing with no Striker on the pitch, but tbf to Howe, he took a gamble and it worked.

I still don't think he played badly, but remember he is third choice striker now in the grand scheme of things 

He's played plenty of games for us now - you just can't ever see him being useful for us from what he's done here. Glad Isak pushes him further from ever starting.

Edited by hakka

2 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

We looked a much better side with no striker than with him up top, he hardly does anything right, tripper kept trying to pick him out but he's always in the wrong position.

This. I'd rather play any other fucker in the squad as a "false 9" compared to that plank.

He knew he had this game to keep his shirt if he put a performance in against a dodgy defence and spent the match standing between the two centre backs offering nothing. Not the first time I have written: I hope I never have to watch him again.

Edited by Anon

25 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Significantly inferior to the player of 2 years ago or so at Burnley. I really can’t think of one thing he’s remotely good at. 

I think this could be nail on the head. We bought players whose legs had gone several times in the past, Geremi, Alan Smith, Nicky Butt maybe, and Wood increasingly looks like another one of them. He shouldn't have been as bad as this.

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

He used to be a really decent forward, never amazing but he could bully defenders back in his Leeds days. Playing for Burnley, especially in their style of football has just finished him 

Even at £25m and panic stations, I expected so much more from him. 

You could have picked up a L1 clogger for £1m who'd have returned more than he has. Think the best thing he's done so far is meow at Zouma. 

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Even at £25m and panic stations, I expected so much more from him. 

You could have picked up a L1 clogger for £1m who'd have returned more than he has. Think the best thing he's done so far is meow at Zouma. 

He didn't even do that - it was a wind-up post I believe :lol:

Having to watch him attempt to play football is making me hate him irrationally (actually it's not irrational as he is just so awful at everything an attacker should be good at). I wish any fucker would take him off our hands.

Edited by Sean