Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

I reckon you’d struggle to find any posts on here advocating signing him during his career 

You're going to be singing his name and doing a little dance if he scores the winner on Saturday :D

It's a stop-gap, everyone knows it's a stop-gap. We're currently massive beggars who can't be choosers, so let's see who we get next

Nothing wrong with a signing like this given our circumstances.

I've always thought he was half decent, but his goal return is surprisingly strong. Ideally we have another striker in too, come the end of the month, however this is a pretty sensible signing, if not the glamourous signing we'd hoped for.

Just now, STM said:

Would you want sign Wilson based on this seasons performances? He's been shite.

He’s been decent for us overall in the games he has actually played, but even when we signed him I thought well that’s gonna be a huge waste of money. I trust Howe to get the best out of Wood and I think we’ll see a different player than we’ve seen of him at Burnley where he is literally a win the ball in the air/make it stick merchant. Watch some of his game at Leeds…

Double figures in the league the last 4 seasons. If he does it again this season were laughing for £20m. We desperately need some experience upfront along with someone who isn't made of glass. I think he could be the next Murphy, eho at the time I scoffed at but was worth his Wright in gold. 

£20m for Chris Wood is an eye-watering amount of money, it's way too much for what he brings imo. That said I think Trippier brings far more for his fee so it sort of balances out a little. I'm just trying to think that we've spent £32m for Trippier and Wood combined. It's the only thing that's helping :lol:

Just now, GeordieDazzler said:

Who are Burnley going to sign at his quality/experience for 20m? As we've found out the market for anyone half decent is prohibitive. Even top tier championship strikers may not move if they look like getting promotion.

If they try to sign a replacement let's just go and hijack that player too just to be safe :yao:

I’d rather we spunked 20m on Wood than the figures banded about for that French youngster. At least we know what we are getting!

It’s only £20m because we can’t negotiate a fair price. We have to activate the release clause because otherwise they would never sell. 

I’m fairly positive about it, he’s a big presence who can occupy defenders and maybe score the odd goal. 

Of course in a year’s time I hope he’s the 3rd choice, but needs must at the moment.