Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

Just now, TRon said:

So who then? 

it’s a pointless conversation. We don’t know what the budget is, which players are available etc. we could give a name and you’d easily argue “he would never come”.

offer Fulham £40m for Mitro if you want an easy answer. He’s £15m better than Wood on recent form. Not saying he’s the answer, but he’s better than Wood.

I'd have tried to loan a player who's not playing regularly for a top side, one who likely wants to play in the world cup and needs form, one who knew there was no commitments after, they could go back to their parent club, or if successful and help us achieve survival, look at negotiation.  There must be some across the PL and Europe in this position. 

That just sounds to easy though?

Edited by mighty__mag

4 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

it’s a pointless conversation. We don’t know what the budget is, which players are available etc. we could give a name and you’d easily argue “he would never come”.

offer Fulham £40m for Mitro if you want an easy answer. He’s £15m better than Wood on recent form. Not saying he’s the answer, but he’s better than Wood.

Is he better than Wood? 1 in 4 is Mitro's record whereas Wood is 1 in 3.

Wood wasn't our only option but he was probably our only option in terms of pressing a button and immediately having an experienced PL striker with a good goalscoring record in for the Watford game. 

Hopefully we sign another one too, in order to have another option, as was necessary when Wilson was available. 

20 minutes ago, Beth said:

Apart from Trippier yes. As someone said, replacing Bruce with Howe was like upgrading from a 40" to a 42" TV.

If we really analyse it we have 3 appointments really

Howe

Trippier 

Wood

I'm prepared to give Howe more time and I'm certainly prepared to give Wood more than 1 game.

You carry on losing your shit though if that's what helps you 

8 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Mitrovic's all round play was good like even if his record was bad. If Howe wants to play 2 up top you want someone like Mitro alongside Wilson really, not Wood.

I doubt we will play two up top. 

at least I hope we don’t, I don’t see Wilson or Wood being particularly good at dropping off and linking play. 

9 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Mitrovic's all round play was good like even if his record was bad. If Howe wants to play 2 up top you want someone like Mitro alongside Wilson really, not Wood.

NUFC fans are almost getting to Makems levels of always want to go back instead of forward.  Rafa this , Rafa that, Mitro this, Mitro that.

They've had their time - we need to move on.   Remember for what they did when here but dont confuse that with painting a rosy picture andfantasising about them returning.   

7 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

NUFC fans are almost getting to Makems levels of always want to go back instead of forward.  Rafa this , Rafa that, Mitro this, Mitro that.

They've had their time - we need to move on.   Remember for what they did when here but dont confuse that with painting a rosy picture andfantasising about them returning.   

I'll talk about Mitrovic if I want to like fucking hell [emoji38]

11 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I doubt we will play two up top. 

at least I hope we don’t, I don’t see Wilson or Wood being particularly good at dropping off and linking play. 

Just seems mental to pay £25m for a striker if he plans on benching him. Don't get me wrong I hope we don't play both up top like.

8 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

We don’t also have access to the data that they do. They can look all over the world with a click of a mouse. If Wood is the best they’ve came up with that’s poor scouting imo 

We are also just chatting shit on a football forum, their job is literally to find us players. 

1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

Also, "he would never come" is a valid argument. Lingard and Martial would be great options but I'll bet they won't end up here. 

What about *insert name here* though? From the *insert league here* that would be available for *insert price here*? He's on the radar of a lot of scouts across the globe, I bet he'd come.

We're talking like we're a skint club in the 4th tier of Scottish football or something. There's obviously players that we can sign we've just done an appauling job of identifying them.

Like a broken record now but to keep blaming January and the fact we're in a relegation fight for the fact we haven't brought in the players we desperately need is clearlly wrong. It can explain why we haven't signed a specific player, possibly, but not literally any player that improves us in world football.

2 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

The thing that concerned me yesterday about Wood was just his bad touches etc, reminded me of Luuk de Jong's debut.

Agree, he's not a good footballer, but he looks like a decent finisher. We have to find him in goal scoring positions basically, then I think he'll score goals. 

Guest neesy111
Just now, TRon said:

Agree, he's not a good footballer, but he looks like a decent finisher. We have to find him in goal scoring positions basically, then I think he'll score goals. 

Which made the lack of crosses or playing to him even more baffling.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Also, "he would never come" is a valid argument. Lingard and Martial would be great options but I'll bet they won't end up here. 

Of course it’s a valid argument, but none of us know these players on a personal level so how could anyone suggest a player without you using it as an argument? :lol:

Edited by Shearergol

34 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

What about *insert name here* though? From the *insert league here* that would be available for *insert price here*? He's on the radar of a lot of scouts across the globe, I bet he'd come.

We're talking like we're a skint club in the 4th tier of Scottish football or something. There's obviously players that we can sign we've just done an appauling job of identifying them.

Like a broken record now but to keep blaming January and the fact we're in a relegation fight for the fact we haven't brought in the players we desperately need is clearlly wrong. It can explain why we haven't signed a specific player, possibly, but not literally any player that improves us in world football.

I was in the process of replying,  and my tablet had  a fit.

But it may be better that we go down, and hopefully come straight back up, as at present we can't attract anyone as they don't want to be playing in a lower league.