Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

Sensible signing this, the fee maybe a touch inflated but needs must. We've just signed a full back who can cross so a focal point who can get on the end of those and score is sorely needed.

Hope he does well. Still think we need another striker in though.

Just now, ManDoon said:

I keep seeing this. Our crosses per game in the league are 17th. One game against league 1 opposition doesn’t change that.

I think if Fraser, Murphy, Trippier and erm, Ritchie (shudder) are playing wing and fullback a bit more. We will get crosses in. Fraser often has a good delivery, I think. Although he has punted it straight off for a goal kick a few times of late :lol: 

Cant see why people are complaining, Wilson is out for 2 months minimum. Is Wood better than anyone else we have in the meantime? I would say yes. Is he a premier league ST and will be ready for Saturday without needing broken in, again yes. OK he isn't going to get anyone excited but we desperately needed someone like that ASAP. Hopefully we get more quality nearer the end of the window but we definitely have more chance of winning the next few games with him than without.

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Then why has no other club ever attempted to get him? Not once. Either all the other clubs are dumb and we are smart; or the other is true.

Because Prem proven goals scorers are prohibitively priced? He's not top tier so no one has decided the financial outlay is worth it. However we are in a very tight spot and I think this is pragmatic. Esp if it's between him and no one in before Watford.

Well, if money is no issue I’d have more confidence in winning the game against Watford with Wood up front than Gayle.

20 million though, fucking hell. Reeks of a panic signing but I guess that’s where we are right now.

Edited by McCormick