Newcastle United vs Watford: 15/01/22 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Anyone know if the covid declaration form on the club website is only for season ticket holders?

For everyone I think, my City supporting mate had to fill it out when he was up for their match. No idea how it's checked mind you.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Was it just a quick check at the turnstile ?

Yeah he just glanced at my QR code and waved me past, was sat in the east stand.

Quite glad I’d taken a screenshot before the game because as usual the 4G around the ground was shit.

Having watched the training videos and now Howe's presser, I'd be surprised if it's not:

Dubravka

Trippier Schär Lascelles Dummett

Fraser Longstaff Shelvey Joelinton Saint-Maximin

Wood

Was seemingly wrong about Dummett being chucked straight back in, but he'll have had plenty of training.

22 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Anyone know if the covid declaration form on the club website is only for season ticket holders?

I believe so yes, as the form requires a supporters number which as far as I'm aware is only attained via membership or a season ticket purchase. I only buy the odd single match ticket and don't appear to have a supporters number attached to my account.

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

Having watched the training videos and now Howe's presser, I'd be surprised if it's not:

Dubravka

Wood

Was seemingly wrong about Dummett being chucked straight back in, but he'll have had plenty of training.

Longstaff aside I quite like the look of that - I’d rather we persist with Willock despite his form. 

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

Dubravka

Wood

Would be pleased if he went with that one. Hopefully Ritchie isn´t in the defence. A 433 type of formation with wide wingers looks good there...

If I was an opposition manager I would undoubtably double up on our left hand side. It´s a clear weakness for a team to attack, hopefully Dummet is in good form and the midfield trio have been told to screen properly on that side...

40 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Longstaff aside I quite like the look of that - I’d rather we persist with Willock despite his form. 

Agreed.  Willock is absolutely awful this season.  But at least showed for a fairly long spell he can contribute positively and came through a top academy.  

How many good games has Longstaff actually had and he now seems to be somehow getting worse? 

Willock can start on the bench then come on if we need a goal. With Longstaff, we don't need goals, just need him to do the basics, run, close down the opposition, and try to pass to our players instead of theirs. 

36 minutes ago, HUGZ said:

Longstaff was one of our best performers against Man Utd, whereas Willock has been nothing short of a disgrace this season. He doesn't look interested, puts in zero effort, and shouldn't be anywhere near the starting XI.

Nobody had a bad game against Man U. Which made a nice change. But he really wasn’t one of our best performers. He was anonymous for most of the game after a lively start, from memory. 

It’s not exactly a great choice, Willock or Longstaff. I think the latter will play, anyway. But I just think he is done here and he has been on the decline for a while. I still hold out a bit of hope, perhaps blindly. That Willock may return to something like his old self.