Newcastle United vs Watford: 15/01/22 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

3 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

From .com:

Langley isn't in the U23 squad tonight.

Well, I was wondering what would happen to stop us getting three points this time. Looks like it’s happened before the match has even started.

Im just praying to have a home game where we dominate from start to finish and score goals at the right time so we are never really in danger.   Can't remember the last home game where I wasn't sitting there thinking, any minute now the sucker punch is coming!

Probably a daft question but to register Trippier and Wood we presumably have to lose two. Seeing as we had 4 keepers in there you’d think one will be binned, if Darlow and Woodman are isolating maybe that’s why Langley is here for cover?

1 minute ago, Ashley17 said:

Probably a daft question but to register Trippier and Wood we presumably have to lose two. Seeing as we had 4 keepers in there you’d think one will be binned, if Darlow and Woodman are isolating maybe that’s why Langley is here for cover?

during the transfer window - squad restrictions are dropped.  Only at the end do you need to renominate your 25 man squad.

9 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

Im just praying to have a home game where we dominate from start to finish and score goals at the right time so we are never really in danger.   Can't remember the last home game where I wasn't sitting there thinking, any minute now the sucker punch is coming!

Leicester last season? But then it got a bit nervy at the end anyway. My memory is shocking when it comes to old games, so may very well not have been Leicester. 

2 minutes ago, andycap said:

I just hope frazer and maxi actually try and find wood with some decent balls, instead of coming inside all the time. 

I can't tell is this is genuine post or just euphemisms.

Was absolutely confident we were winning this one until I heard we might have both keepers out. Now I'm worried that might cost us. I still think we'll win, but there's a nagging doubt at the back of my mind now. 

Can’t wait and yet completely bricking it. Think it’ll come down to which defence doesn’t fuck up more. I can see them really struggling to deal with Wood and I can see him scoring on his debut but I have nightmare visions of getting caught on the break. 

My worry is some of our players dealing with the pressure too.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Play like we did against Man Utd and we will beat these, play like we did against Cambridge and it’s game over!

great insight :lol:

I don’t think I’m quite as much in the thinking of “must win or we’re down” as football doesn’t work that way. A draw would still be ok at the stage so I’m not as nervous as most of you…. (Obviously want a win)