Newcastle United vs Watford: 15/01/22 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Play like we did against Man Utd and we will beat these, play like we did against Cambridge and it’s game over!

I think if we deliver a limp performance  and draw or worse crumble and lose it’ll confirm that unfortunately we probably aren’t going to be able to get over the line with most of these players with all the other pressure games to come. It’ll take further major signings to keep us up.

I am feeling strangely confident in some way that the players might rise to it with the crowd. Wood to batter them, howay!

11 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

great insight :lol:

I don’t think I’m quite as much in the thinking of “must win or we’re down” as football doesn’t work that way. A draw would still be ok at the stage so I’m not as nervous as most of you…. (Obviously want a win)

Cliched I know ha ha, but it’s that simple with this game. I fear a loss or even a draw will just compound the inevitability of relegation, a win would be huge.

10 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Cliched I know ha ha, but it’s that simple with this game. I fear a loss or even a draw will just compound the inevitability of relegation, a win would be huge.

Mathematically it’s not over if we lose today but Christ when and who are we going to beat if we can’t be Watford today? They’ve been dreadful recently, we have to put them away. 

Just now, ExiledGeordie said:

Mathematically it’s not over if we lose today but Christ when and who are we going to beat if we can’t be Watford today? They’ve been dreadful recently, we have to put them away. 

Exactly, they are on a worse run of form than us and arguably a worse team than us, we just have to win, by any means. I’d be happy with a scrappy 1-0 win, but if we can win well with a good performance after last weekend, that will say a lot, providing we keep it up…

Key is getting momentum early on and get the crowd positive and believing, and a early goal to ease nerves a bit. 

0-0 for too long will allow Watford the chance to slowly grow into the game. It will quiet the crowd and the stadium gets anxious and frustrated and our players will struggle even more. Absolutely massive that we get a good start or the pressure will eat our players. They aren't the ones who can handle it ideally. 

And focus ffs, no silly mistakes or goals. 

Edited by Ikon

It’d be a monumental fuck up if we don’t win this, a bigger one than last week imo.

They’re seriously shite. I’d rather play them than Norwich at the moment. 

Howe has to start delivering consistent results during this run of games. We’re better than them on paper and have the momentum through the takeover and new signings behind us.

40 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Key is getting momentum early on and get the crowd positive and believing, and a early goal to ease nerves a bit. 

0-0 for too long will allow Watford the chance to slowly grow into the game. It will quiet the crowd and the stadium gets anxious and frustrated and our players will struggle even more. Absolutely massive that we get a good start or the pressure will eat our players. They aren't the ones who can handle it ideally. 

And focus ffs, no silly mistakes or goals. 

I hope we do go at them. As they seem awful at defending, but not too bad at the other end. Plus most teams cause us problems defensively, as Cambridge fucking United highlighted last week. So we need to start creating consistently and actually taking our chances. As a clean sheet seems highly unlikely for us. Or for them, to be fair. 

I think the game is such a massive MUST NOT LOSE for both teams. That it is going to be a really tense and cagey game. I can’t see either team committing too many forward and taking risks. 

12 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I hope we do go at them. As they seem awful at defending, but not too bad at the other end. Plus most teams cause us problems defensively, as Cambridge fucking United highlighted last week. So we need to start creating consistently and actually taking our chances. As a clean sheet seems highly unlikely for us. Or for them, to be fair. 

I think the game is such a massive MUST NOT LOSE for both teams. That it is going to be a really tense and cagey game. I can’t see either team committing too many forward and taking risks. 

i think if it’s 0-0 well Into the second half it’ll be either an amazing strike/bit of play or a howler in defence that seals it for either side 1-0. I think with the crowd if we get at that defence early they’ll crack.

Just now, Whitley mag said:

Tricky balancing act today for Howe they’re not great, but play a high line against Pedro, Dennis and King we could get caught out.

Confident we’ll score but patience is the key today from team and fans.

Big game for Howe this one off the back of Cambridge too