Newcastle United vs Watford: 15/01/22 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

Dubravka 

Schar      Lascelles     Dummett 

Fraser                                                 Trippier

Shelvey      Longstaff 

Joelinton                               ASM

Wood

Would probably be our best team but it would be ashame for Trippier to not have his right peg on the right wing. Fraser is a decent crosser mind.

31 minutes ago, Peppe said:

What happened to Shortstaff? Heard he was back. Has he turned to shit? 

Seems to have been unable to break in to Aberdeen midfield or be much use. Doesn't sound like the answer in our current crisis.

46 minutes ago, STM said:

Dubravka 

Fraser                                                 Trippier

Shelvey      Longstaff 

Joelinton                               ASM

Wood

Would probably be our best team but it would be ashame for Trippier to not have his right peg on the right wing. Fraser is a decent crosser mind.

I like this formation, but I'd rather have this assuming players are available. I'd rather Joelinton was deeper in CM, Fraser focussed on attacking and let Murphy do the wing back stuff, as he has the pace to recover and crossing from deep or on overlap for me.

Dubravka 

Murphy                                                       Trippier

Shelvey      Joelinton

Fraser                                          ASM

Wood

3 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Bit of a risk putting Dummett straight back in after so long out. Can't see that happening tbh. It's going to be Ritchie whether we like it or not.

He only has to be better than Ritchie though, doesn’t seem like that big a risk. 

6 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

It would be sheer insanity to move trippier

Such extreme language :lol:

He's played left back for England comfortably. I think I'd label any more game time for Ritchie left back closer to "sheer insanity" than moving Trippier if we have a more natural decent crosser to cover right wing back and to use both.

Just now, hakka said:

Such extreme language :lol:

He's played left back for England comfortably. I think I'd label any more game time for Ritchie left back closer to "sheer insanity" than moving Trippier if we have a more natural decent crosser to cover right wing back and to use both.

Yeah thats all well and good but I'd rather our best player play in his best position.  I'd rather play Murphy leftback.  Just because Trippier doesn't play left back doesn't mean Ritchie has to.  

1 minute ago, relámpago blanco said:

Yeah thats all well and good but I'd rather our best player play in his best position.  I'd rather play Murphy leftback.  Just because Trippier doesn't play left back doesn't mean Ritchie has to.  

I get that but Trippier has quite a bit experinece on the left, more so than Murphy .

Edited by madras

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

Let’s keep things simple and round pegs for round holes. KT at RB and PD at LB.

If that option is available that is surely the only option? If Paulie D's not fit then I would absolutely have Trippier at LB.

3 hours ago, TRon said:

Willock can start on the bench then come on if we need a goal. With Longstaff, we don't need goals, just need him to do the basics, run, close down the opposition, and try to pass to our players instead of theirs. 

We need Longstaff as far from the team as possible 

4 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Was looking at the training pictures earlier, Willock looks absolutely depressed in every single one of them.

Wonder if he's been frozen out by teammates, something just not right there at all.

Probably told he's starting.