Newcastle United 1 - 1 Watford (15/01/2022)

LRD

In fairness to Howe I don’t think there’s many managers who could come in and salvage this mess. That’s not to say he’s without fault and he doesn’t deserve scrutiny but we’ve got so many gaping holes across the squad where we lack anything approaching Premier League quality. 

4 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

I don't know if Howe is a problem tbh, I feel like it wouldn't matter who we have as manager. The players seem to have forgotten how to play, their confidence is shot to shit, we look like a side that's accepted it's fate. I'm starting to wonder if we actually need relegation to clear out some deadwood, play at a lower level to build ourselves back up from scratch in an environment that would give us time to gel a better team together and build a winning mentality. Maybe it's what's been scripted all along, both us and Rafa need to hit the reset button, fall in love with it all again... I just hope that if it takes a relegation to do that then the owners will bear with it and see the potential of the bigger picture.

The current centre midfield and centre defence can only play one way. Sitting in deep on top of themselves and hoofing everything away.

Until we get in new central defenders and central midfielders we will continue to struggle.

Edited by KaKa

1 minute ago, Gazzaschicken said:

He's a stroppy cunt, and for me we need grafters, a moment of brilliance counts for nothing when he doesn't do the basics a lot of the time. He would much rather turn his back on the ball and throw his hands up than chase the second ball. He is the best of the shite but that doesn't mean he's good. He's in the same class as adama traore and sissoko

The moment of brilliance did count for something and then we conceded after he left the pitch

The midfield and all our options are shite, we can't control a game, protect the defensive or launch an attack, the fact that shelvey and longstaff are getting games shows how deep in the shit we are. 

People blaming Howe is ridiculous, we moaned for Bruce ball so started playing more attacking, this team has been flirting with relegation for last few years and can't believe we stayed up this long. Can only piss with cock you've got. Players need to take responsibility. Obviously the game plan was what happened before the goal and Howe can't change the shit mentality after that to bottle it.

The seeds of this season were sown a long long time ago.

Blaming Howe for this is just facile.

He may not be the best manager out there but he was the best around who would take the job on at the time. The team are imbued with mediocrity bar they odd one or two. 

Just now, LV said:

The seeds of this season were sown a long long time ago.

Blaming Howe for this is just facile.

He may not be the best manager out there but he was the best around who would take the job on at the time. The team are imbued with mediocrity bar they odd one or two. 

Absolving him of blame is facile. The easiest thing in the world is to say well yes please do relegate me because I deserve it.

14 minutes ago, LV said:

Get in the sea man. Him and Ashley are why we are where we are. Blaming Howe for it all, fuck me 

Had on, I'm not exactly blaming Howe for the last 14 years, but he's not exactly the saviour that some people have made him out to be. In truth we've seen little to nothing from him in terms of changing the way we play (we literally just press a bit higher, no other changes).

He's been underwhelming to say the least.

5 minutes ago, Palestoon said:

Lascelles has to be replaced. get carlos in now. our midfield is so bad, so unatheltic. Its scary to think how much worse we would be if we hadnt discovered that our #9 last year is a solid option in midfied. Imagine playing shelvey longstaff and hendrick. beggars belief

If you were Carlos would you sign for us? We are shite why would you want to sign for us

It's just poor all around.

If I were the owners watching that I'd seriously consider holding back from any mental signings because I think the job is just too big for a January window.

Dunno, mind is all over the shop after this one so I'm gonna take 5 out to think about it all.

It’s just all so predictable now like.  FFS so obvious we couldn’t hold out for the 3 points, the team hasn’t got the bollocks to do that, so many of them need replaced.  I’ve been optimistic about staying up so far, but on that showing just can’t see it now.  Unless we get 3 or 4 more signings in we are down.  

1 minute ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Absolving him of blame is facile. The easiest thing in the world is to say well yes please do relegate me because I deserve it.

14 years of fucking misery and you blame the guy who turns up for the last 3 months. Genius. 

1 minute ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Had on, I'm not exactly blaming Howe for the last 14 years, but he's not exactly the saviour that some people have made him out to be. In truth we've seen little to nothing from him in terms of changing the way we play (we literally just press a bit higher, no other changes).

He's been underwhelming to say the least.

He’s had the same squad man and you’re expecting him to come in here and turn this transatlantic tanker of a shitshow round in 3 months. Unreal. 

Just now, LV said:

14 years of fucking misery and you blame the guy who turns up for the last 3 months. Genius. 

I’m not in this to win awards for intellectual endeavour, I want vicarious glory, and if Howe can’t supply that then what is the point of sticking with him? The results are shit and he is in charge of results.

10 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

He's a stroppy cunt, and for me we need grafters, a moment of brilliance counts for nothing when he doesn't do the basics a lot of the time. He would much rather turn his back on the ball and throw his hands up than chase the second ball. He is the best of the shite but that doesn't mean he's good. He's in the same class as adama traore and sissoko

It counts for a point today at least doesn't it you buffoon 🤣