Newcastle United 1 - 1 Watford (15/01/2022)

LRD

5 minutes ago, Rocker said:

Deflated? I'm flat as a witches tit. Lascelles shouldn't be playing and that buck stops at Howe. He's not a captain and he's not a premiership centre back. 

I do like Howe but I feel he's almost selecting players to not upset the apple cart rather than ability of form.

There should be no 'arms around' these players. They don't need protecting. They either perform or they're replaced. Fuck em.

I know he's getting pelters at the moment, but Lascelles showed leadership in that goal we conceded. He cleaned out the man he was marking, then got beaten to the jump trying to stop the second one. Where was everyone else? Why was he trying to stop two players by himself in the penalty area? Wtf was Schar doing? 

Just now, TRon said:

I know he's getting pelters at the moment, but Lascelles showed leadership in that goal we conceded. He cleaned out the man he was marking, then got beaten to the jump trying to stop the second one. Where was everyone else? Why was he trying to stop two players by himself in the penalty area? Wtf was Schar doing? 

It's not just that game though. He's been shite for a long time. We need two new centre backs minimum. Schar is a luxury we can't afford, too.

3 minutes ago, Rocker said:

It's not just that game though. He's been shite for a long time. We need two new centre backs minimum. Schar is a luxury we can't afford, too.

Oh yeah, I guess that's why we are trying to buy multiple centre backs. But for me, Trippier's clear gulf in class just shows how bad our squad really is. Even Maxi with his wonder goal was actually fucking shit for most of that 90 mins. 

4 minutes ago, Rocker said:

There's no room for sentimentality from Howe now, that's gone. He needs to drop the lads that can't perform. 

I'm not saying they're not trying, but they're just not good enough. Not at all.

If Howe's going to insist on playing Shelvey as one of his two pressing midfielders, then he needs to stick a 3ltr engine in his arse, maybe that will get his legs working. 

7 minutes ago, Rocker said:

There's no room for sentimentality from Howe now, that's gone. He needs to drop the lads that can't perform. 

I'm not saying they're not trying, but they're just not good enough. Not at all.

We'll only have about 4 players if he does that :lol:

I'd bring Schar to CDM, his concentration ain't keeping PL lvl. No idea why noone has tried, especially with all the injuries we've had. having Shelvey in that QB role would work if he would actually move his legs once in a while, but as people has stated previously he's more of a luxury player or needs to be 1 of 2. There's no cover in front of the CBs this way around.

2 hours ago, St1pe said:

Everyone still massively deflated today after this? 

I’ll be honest I’ve always thought there was a way out of this but after yesterday’s result unless we get players in (and who who would join us) were absolutely screwed and relegation is a certainty.

12 minutes ago, thorin said:

I'd bring Schar to CDM, his concentration ain't keeping PL lvl. No idea why noone has tried, especially with all the injuries we've had. having Shelvey in that QB role would work if he would actually move his legs once in a while, but as people has stated previously he's more of a luxury player or needs to be 1 of 2. There's no cover in front of the CBs this way around.

Schar needs to be fucked off tbh, he's been responsible for goals conceded in the last two games. He can't do his own job never mind anyone else's. 

4 hours ago, TRon said:

Schar needs to be fucked off tbh, he's been responsible for goals conceded in the last two games. He can't do his own job never mind anyone else's. 

only decent as part of a back 3.

fedi's injured but howe doesnt seem to fancy him.

krafth anyone?

thats how fucked we are.

5 hours ago, TRon said:

I am thinking Schar’s just stopped giving a fuck all together. It looks like one of the rare things Bruce might have got right is leaving him out. He’s out of contract in the summer, and his head’s clearly not here anymore. Outragous footballers can get away with attiudes like that while being paid more in a year than most probably make in a lifetime, but such is the way it’s gone.

2 minutes ago, BlackandWhite said:

I am thinking Schar’s just stopped giving a fuck all together. It looks like one of the rare things Bruce might have got right is leaving him out. He’s out of contract in the summer, and his head’s clearly not here anymore. Outragous footballers can get away with attiudes like that while being paid more in a year than most probably make in a lifetime, but such is the way it’s gone.

Schar just isn't a good defender. Playing in a 3 and being good on the ball covered it for a while.

7 hours ago, madras said:

It's  a  standard 4-3-3. Which you could see after 15mins wasn't working. 

I'd be very tempted to play ASM or Willock behind Wood, get Almiron on the left where he played his best for us when he first came and he'd give more work in the midfield. 4-4-1-1/4-5-1 call it what you will.

I agree with you, except Murphy instead of Almiron.

We need someone to feed of wood, and wingers that can cross the ball.