Leeds United vs. Newcastle United: 22/01/2022 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

LRD

Guest reefatoon
15 minutes ago, Decky said:

Struggling to care now after that Watford result. Just want this season to be over one way or another. 

The stinking football has totally taken all the shine out of the takeover excitement like. Spend all week getting excited about new signings, links, appointments, what the future could bring, then Saturday comes around and the 90 minutes of utter wank football brings you crashing back down to earth. This takeover malarky would be amazing if we could just skip out the football matches.

ASM key here. I doubt they'll double up on him and their full backs should leave him a load of space to play in. Hope he's on it. 

It's the sort of game where we know Leeds are way better than us, but they will always give us a chance because of the way they play. Especially with no Phillips or Bamford. 

4 hours ago, ManDoon said:

Crazy how they got a result with that team against West Ham. One thing about them is they make sure its a tough game. The running is going to kill Shelvey and Longstaff

Should be interesting to see Howe's reaction, I mean how they approach the game would be similar to his own ideas you would think. No wonder he's playing Joelinton as an extra man in midfield, can you imagine the plight of those two if they were tasked with stopping Leeds on their own?

3 points and 6 goals scored in 9 away games this season.

I want to be optimistic but don't think there is much reason to be so. Trippier is obviously a fantastic pick-up and despite an underwhelming debut I think Wood is a decent buy, though I'd obiously rather have Wilson up front. So around mid January we've only improved one position in our starting XI. I thought we'd be more prepared come the transfer window and there would be more players brought in by now. Obviously difficult getting players in during this stage but we are in desperate need of more. We won't win many if any games with Shelvey-Longstaff as our midfield paring and the team has no resolve or ability to see out games even if we luck ourselves into scoring first.

3-1 loss for me

Edited by Ridman

2 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

Leeds seem to create a load of chances and if they have a day where they are putting them away we could get hammered

They also miss a load of chances, I guess we could punish them on the break if we can get someone to actually enter their penalty area. 

That said Bamford is back for this one, watch his score a worldie. 

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Big Zap and Carlos to start and I'll be more confident,

Likewise. I'll be far more confident with signings, but probably a CM and Carlos ahead of Zapata, as good a coup Zapata would be. They can't defend set plays and still have a lot of injuries in the squad. We can score for sure, it's just literally whether we score more than them. :lol: As it stands right now we won't, but a few signings and just go gung ho for me.

Dubravka 

Schar   Lascelles   Dummett 

Trippier                                                Lewis

Shelvey 

Joelinton 

Fraser                                           ASM

Wood

Please bring us some signings.