Leeds United vs. Newcastle United: 22/01/2022 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

LRD

Just now, nufcnick said:

And I also might marry a super model, both are highly unlikely 

I mean it's just a dumb comment, we saw from last season Willock can score goals, he knows how to find space in the area. What he can't do is play a CM role where's doing the dirty work. Neither can Shelvey, and I'm not sure what else he offers. 

1 minute ago, TRon said:

I mean it's just a dumb comment, we saw from last season Willock can score goals, he knows how to find space in the area. What he can't do is play a CM role where's doing the dirty work. Neither can Shelvey, and I'm not sure what else he offers. 

He went through a purple patch that he’s never likely to repeat in his life, the only space he likely to find currently is in the lunch line.

Just now, ponsaelius said:

Think we basically have to win here or we're down. 

Yeah, I think it’s less about the points and more about the mentality if we don’t win. We know already how fragile we are and lacking in quality. We desperately need 3 points even if we only get it via luck (VAR, red card etc) to improve confidence in the squad

2 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

He went through a purple patch that he’s never likely to repeat in his life, the only space he likely to find currently is in the lunch line.

Maybe Shelvey will go through a purple patch and score 7 goals in the remainder of the season. Here's hoping. 

37 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

He hit a purple patch last season that he will never repeat in his life, LMBFAO not convinced by Joelinton who since Howe came in has probably been out best player by a mile, but yeah let’s drop Joelinton for a lazy waste of space 

Not convinced by Joelinton in a midfield 2 absolutely not. We’ve been playing with 3 in midfield and results show it’s clearly not working. If I wanted Joelinton to run at the opposition I’d play him to the left, but in this instance against Leeds I’d prefer Almiron’s pace on the counter.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Maybe Shelvey will go through a purple patch and score 7 goals in the remainder of the season. Here's hoping. 

Yeah TBH I really don’t have much hope of that either, the guy should be in a cabbage patch 

44 minutes ago, Rich said:

Dubravka

Trippier Schar Lascelles Dummett Lewis

Fraser Joelinton Shelvey Saint-Maximum

Wood

pls

Schar in the position where he played his best stuff, Trippier given more license to attack, Lewis brought in for some extra pace and Dummett moved inside to his best position. Lascelles is also most comfortable in the middle of a three these days, IMO.

Don't care which one of Shelvey or Longstaff gets dropped, but we cannot persist with this three in midfield shite until we've got more quality available there.

Get Fraser and ASM much closer to Wood than they were in the last game.

That would be the team I would pick, we’re so bad defensively we need that extra defender 

11 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Yeah, I think it’s less about the points and more about the mentality if we don’t win. We know already how fragile we are and lacking in quality. We desperately need 3 points even if we only get it via luck (VAR, red card etc) to improve confidence in the squad

Exactly.

I think it will make a difference to whether we sign what we need before the window closes too. 

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

How on Earth is that going to help things? Whatever you think of Howe, changing him now guaranteed relegation 

Relegation looks pretty much nailed on with him in charge. 

1 win in 11 is it? 

He just can't keep losing games.