Leeds United vs. Newcastle United: 22/01/2022 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

LRD

1 hour ago, Rod said:

This game could go either way and will be close.  Some on here talking up Leeds as if they are Barcelona is nonsense.  They will point to the last two games that Leeds played and I admit they are good to watch.  However if we get at them and take the game to them at the same time as nullifying their pacy breaks then we can most certainly get a result.  Oh by the way ...... their two games prior to their wins were absolute hammerings 5-1 and 7-0.

I get what you’re saying. All is not lost and there is a reason they are down near the bottom. They play wide open and have had a lot of injuries all season. They still have a lot missing, I think. 

But it’s like the whole ‘styles make fights’ thing with boxers. I think their style is just all wrong for us. Our team looks sluggish overall, central midfield is embarrassingly shit and immobile. Oh and we can’t really defend. 

I just think their energy, pressing and the numbers they will commit in attack will be too much for our bunch of plodders. 

Just now, The Prophet said:

This is out first away games under Howe that isn't against someone significantly better than us. I'm interested to see how we get on.

They significant thing is that they do everything significantly better than we do on and off the ball, that’s the key! 

2 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Well it’s over to us now. Come on you bunch of useless bastards, try and win  you shit cunts.

Yes, over to us. They'll react to tonight's result in exactly the same way they do to anything remotely positive. By not reacting positively at all!

So we beat Leeds tomorrow and we look in much better shape, new signings will come and then warm weather training.    Thats what it could be.

However this being NUFC - we will loss 3-1 to Leeds and Burnley will get a draw or win at Arsenal so NUFC is bottom.   new signings will be reluctant to sign and gloom cycle repeats!

We need Howe to do a Bournemouth vs Chelsea kind of master-class here, he needs to start showing more than what we have seen thus far, time to step up, a win could be huge! 

Gonna have myself a little rant here - I just honestly,  can not accept that we're as done with as people are making out. Frankly, I find it all just so submissive and sad. Where's the  fight man?! Like why would the players give it if all they're seeing is this mindset from the fans, the ones who'll be here after they go? 

I get we cannot be endlessly positive and must be realistic but our reality is that whilst there's lots of room for improvement and our record this season is shit, we're gathering a more operational level of fitness, have signed two players so far, and may get more and have a better manager going into the second half of the season. We also, despite the above, have a modicum of positivity. It's just not the same as the first 19 games.

Perhaps for me, it's because I jacked my ticket in, in a fight against Ashley, but I'll be fucking damned if I gave up with 2 games in hand on a team only 4 points ahead of us with another 18 games to play and 2 of them against our league rivals. Not after all the fucking apathy, hate and negativity of the decade or so that's preceded this moment. Fuck. That. I'm not ready to give up on hope.

Have you seen us play @Heron?  The team is full Of defeatists. There is no belief in this squad.   It’s almost a surprise to them if we score. 
The 2 signings won’t save us and it appears the club is so damaged due to Ashley’s tenure nobody wants to come. 
Most of us have admitted to the fact that it’s odds on we’re going down. 

10 minutes ago, Heron said:

Gonna have myself a little rant here - I just honestly,  can not accept that we're as done with as people are making out. Frankly, I find it all just so submissive and sad. Where's the  fight man?! Like why would the players give it if all they're seeing is this mindset from the fans, the ones who'll be here after they go? 

I get we cannot be endlessly positive and must be realistic but our reality is that whilst there's lots of room for improvement and our record this season is shit, we're gathering a more operational level of fitness, have signed two players so far, and may get more and have a better manager going into the second half of the season. We also, despite the above, have a modicum of positivity. It's just not the same as the first 19 games.

Perhaps for me, it's because I jacked my ticket in, in a fight against Ashley, but I'll be fucking damned if I gave up with 2 games in hand on a team only 4 points ahead of us with another 18 games to play and 2 of them against our league rivals. Not after all the fucking apathy, hate and negativity of the decade or so that's preceded this moment. Fuck. That. I'm not ready to give up on hope.

Hear hear. 

We've got out of worse binds than this, and we fucking prayed for new owners for almost the entire 14 years we had under Ashley. Whether we like it or not, it's Howe until the end of the season and the same with most of these players. I'd rather roar them on than start picking fights. The teams that stick together are the ones that survive this. 

11 minutes ago, Heron said:

Well said mate. I honestly think there's a win there for the taking at Leeds. They are shipping goals, they've only scored 24 all season which isn't that much more than us. They also press really high up the pitch with their full backs which means they are ripe to be hit on the counter. I just fear Eddie won't set us up optimally to take advantage of their weaknesses, and instead try to press on with his own attacking philosophy with a bunch of toothless forwards. 

8 minutes ago, RS said:

Have you seen us play @Heron?  The team is full Of defeatists. There is no belief in this squad.   It’s almost a surprise to them if we score. 
The 2 signings won’t save us and it appears the club is so damaged due to Ashley’s tenure nobody wants to come. 
Most of us have admitted to the fact that it’s odds on we’re going down. 

I have seen us play, and I have also played enough, to know that if you're 1-0 down at half time you don't throw the towel in, which seems to be a lot of what I'm reading and seeing from our players. 

Edited by Heron

1 minute ago, POOT 2.0 said:

If the players have the fucking cheek to blame the fans for them not having the fighting spirit...then I'll personally burn the cunts at the stake. 

We're doing our bit...and you of all people should know this, Heron. The atmosphere and the Wor Flags stuff has been loud and proud. I'm amazingly proud of the work you (and the others) do with Wor Flags. 

But they're not listening and that's on them. Not all of them...but the influential core are not listening or caring. 

I agree, and you're right, but the time for burning the cunts at the stake is when we're mathematically done, and when these lads have decided whether they want to join us on our journey to success.

2 minutes ago, Heron said:

I have seen us play, and I have also played enough, to know that if you're 1-0 down at half time you don't throw the towel in, which seems to be a lot of what I'm reading. 

Well said.  I can't believe some of the negative comments on here.  It's so annoying to read.  Toon fans, my arse!

Yeah the team has had a lot of support in many games after the takeover. Still they are making tons of silly mistakes, some of them look like they dont even care. Like Lascelles...he should be all over Maddison when he dived a penalty. Where is the anger and the ruhtlessness. Its so fragile all over the pitch.

7 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

If the players have the fucking cheek to blame the fans for them not having the fighting spirit...then I'll personally burn the cunts at the stake. 

We're doing our bit...and you of all people should know this, Heron. The atmosphere and the Wor Flags stuff has been loud and proud. I'm amazingly proud of the work you (and the others) do with Wor Flags. 

But they're not listening and that's on them. Not all of them...but the influential core are not listening or caring. 

Agree

1 minute ago, POOT 2.0 said:

NUFC have lost something like 21 points from winning positions this season. That's the pro footballers doing that.

Not sure how people being understandably depressed on a forum/online has any blame in that, like :lol: 

But, if we get a win against Leeds...I'll flip my shit and change my outlook massively :lol:  But right now, based on what I've seen...there's no chance. 

That's precisely my point though, one win and everyone's tune will change, I kna it's the nature of football but surely if the margin of feeling sways so much on one win, we need to snap out of this sensationalist notion of us already being down?

Unfortunately, nowadays, players read the net, they'll be aware. Despite that, I agree it's upto them to get their heads out their arses. 

2 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Oh yeh, and they'll get that support, as NUFC always does. ALWAYS. Only the ignorant claim we don't do that as a fanbase. 

Short memories forget the last home game of the season we last got relegated. 

Good point well made. 

As I've said I'm really not sure what to expect tomorrow. Our away games under Howe have been Arsenal, Leicester and Liverpool, so I'm interested to see how we approach the game against bottom half opponents who we can really attack.

Both sides should have plenty of joy going forward, so it should be entertaining if nothing else.