Leeds United vs. Newcastle United: 22/01/2022 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

LRD

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Our squad is so bad :lol:

Even the lineups I really agree with all have absolutely massive reasons they won’t work. 

I agree 

I look at some of the line ups - above and think - wow that’s terrible 

Then realise we have no other options / players to fill the gaps 

I don’t like seeing 

Lascelles 

schar 

Lewis 

longstaff 

in the team 

also think that shelvey , Fraser should be replaced 

Dummett - also meh (good defender) but you could say that about a random league 1 defender (does a job) 

Joelinton - can’t complain now as he puts in a shift (probably works twice as hard as others) 

Trippier - Quality 

ASM - just because he is always a threat 

Wood - only option 

Williock - no idea 

I didn’t realise how poor the side was until trying to write that line up [emoji38] I don’t want to see any of Shelvey, Longstaff, Willock or Hayden play for us again.

We need a new spine in just over a week. CB, CM and ST should be a bare minimum. 

Its probably not, but this feels like the first game where Howe has actually had a full week to prepare. I suppose he has been distracted by trying to find signings but it would be lovely to watch the first 15 minutes and recognise some sort of game plan specifically to beat Leeds. In this case you would imagine it has to be playing off Wood and optimising set pieces. 

Looking at the table, this is a must win game. Absolute must. Don't win, and we're down.

Not because the points gap is insurmountable because it's not worth new players, but because it'll massively affect who will come in during the last week of the window.

We can have all the money in the world but without players through the door we're fucked and we've got to do something to indicate to those potential new players that we're not already down.

2 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

I've not said it before. I've not thought it before.

I really think though that no win today and we're down. Even a draw leaves us cut adrift to the point that it'll stop us recruiting many new players.

Last week was the must win and we blew it. We could make up for it by winning today but I just can't see that happening.

27 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Looking at the table, this is a must win game. Absolute must. Don't win, and we're down.

Almost every game from now on is a must win game. If you look away from the top teams. But so was Norwich, Brentford and Watford. Blew it away again and again. Dont think today will be any different.

7 minutes ago, Collage said:

I don’t rate Murphy at all tbh. No real qualities. Championship player as I see it. Prove me wrong!

Think he looks crap and good in equal amounts TBH. Certainly one of our most positive attackers and best crossers. But can equally miss control the ball or lose his man and look really bad. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

6 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Almost every game from now on is a must win game. If you look away from the top teams. But so was Norwich, Brentford and Watford. Blew it away again and again. Dont think today will be any different.

I think things may change once we get a few more in next week, just because we are crap at the no, doesn't mean we end up the same. We could probably buy the man city first team and win every game from now on , so let's see what develops, a few good purchases will resolve our issues.