Leeds United vs. Newcastle United: 22/01/2022 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

LRD

Watford sat by far the deepest of any team I've seen this season. It stopped Joe and Max to an extent after they'd had as much fun as they wanted down Manchester United's right flank. Leeds will likely offer those two more room again but will be a lot more dangerous than Watford, who quite frankly, looked terrible imo and needed us to gift them the chance to get back into it. 

Has to be a re think from Howe here. Going into last week of the window and with a 2 week break, there would be no better time for a result. Apart from Raphina and Harrison not convinced these are that great, match their intensity and bin Shelvey we might nick it.

Dubravka

Schar - Lascelles - Dummett

Trippier                                                     Lewis

Willock - Longstaff

St Max                                      Almiron

Wood

7 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Has to be a re think from Howe here. Going into last week of the window and with a 2 week break, there would be no better time for a result. Apart from Raphina and Harrison not convinced these are that great, match their intensity and bin Shelvey we might nick it.

Dubravka

Willock - Longstaff

Wood

How can you leave Joelinton out on current form? 

28 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Dubravka

Willock - Longstaff

Wood

Why do you keep saying we should play willock, he’s absolutely horrific and probably as lazy as shelvey  

Willock and Longstaff. That's going to be some hole in the middle of the pitch. Crikey. Cant even get away with playing them 2 in a midfield 6 nevermind with wing backs

Edited by jack j

I'd go for: Solid Back 4, out and out Wingers who cross and let Max do what the fuck he wants. 4.4.2.

Dubs

Fed      Lascelles

Trippier                                            Dummet

Shelvey       Jo

Murphy                                                                                 Ritchie

Max

Wood

Edit - I'm not a fan of at least 4 of those players btw! We need a system.

Edited by Oregon_Geordie

42 minutes ago, jack j said:

Willock and Longstaff. That's going to be some hole in the middle of the pitch. Crikey. Cant even get away with playing them 2 in a midfield 6 nevermind with wing backs

Aye, I'm not sure losing the game before kick off is the way to win this one like. 

I would go with this if Fede and Lewis are fit:

Dubravka

Schar - Fede - Dummet

Trippier - Longstaff - Shelvey - Joelinton - Lewis

Maxi - Wood

As atrocious as he's been I think I'd actually put Willock in for Shelvey just on the off chance he has a good match. I'd have him more advanced with Joelinton dropping back. Shelvey even on a good day is a suicidal choice against Leeds, particularly in the second half when they're still full of energy and he's absolutely fucked.

I wonder how impactful this result at the weekend will be on the remainder of the transfer window both in terms of effort to sign players and how receptive players are to joining and trying to help us stay up. 

3 hours ago, nufcnick said:

Why do you keep saying we should play willock, he’s absolutely horrific and probably as lazy as shelvey  

It’s about finding a system that works and he wasn’t lazy last season. Howe needs to get him playing and he’s a far better option in this match than Shelvey. Also not convinced by Joelinton in a midfield 2, our midfield options are shit so Willock has to play in my opinion if fit.

Willock has been a ghost for practically every single match he's played in, I wouldn't bet on him to turn it around any time soon. The lack of links in CM is seriously worrying considering the only one who actually turns up and fancies it is Joe

Guest reefatoon

We certainly like a gamble. Going into another game with zero midfield.  Not enjoying the 403 formation that much like, can't help but feel it gives the opposition a bit if a hand.

Dubravka

Trippier Schar Lascelles Dummett Lewis

Fraser Joelinton Shelvey Saint-Maximum

Wood

pls

Schar in the position where he played his best stuff, Trippier given more license to attack, Lewis brought in for some extra pace and Dummett moved inside to his best position. Lascelles is also most comfortable in the middle of a three these days, IMO.

Don't care which one of Shelvey or Longstaff gets dropped, but we cannot persist with this three in midfield shite until we've got more quality available there.

Get Fraser and ASM much closer to Wood than they were in the last game.

7 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

It’s about finding a system that works and he wasn’t lazy last season. Howe needs to get him playing and he’s a far better option in this match than Shelvey. Also not convinced by Joelinton in a midfield 2, our midfield options are shit so Willock has to play in my opinion if fit.

He hit a purple patch last season that he will never repeat in his life, LMBFAO not convinced by Joelinton who since Howe came in has probably been out best player by a mile, but yeah let’s drop Joelinton for a lazy waste of space 

3 hours ago, nufcnick said:

He might score a goal, Shelvey won't. If you are playing a 3 man midfield, I'd go with Longstaff and Joelinton to provide the backbone, and let Willock have a bit of freedom as an attacking midfielder. 

Just now, TRon said:

He might score a goal, Shelvey won't. If you are playing a 3 man midfield, I'd go with Longstaff and Joelinton to provide the backbone, and let Willock have a bit of freedom as an attacking midfielder. 

And I also might marry a super model, both are highly unlikely