Jesse Lingard

Just now, GWN said:

WE NEED A DM MIDFIELDER FFS 

but I would like this one too [emoji38] :pedro:

We do, and a midfield 3 of Joelinton Lingaard and a DM will be a good midfield for our situation. Unti we get that DM I would play Longstaff. Drop Shelvey, and let Longstaff and Joelinton do the graft. We'll still have a [hopefully temporary] weakness, but that would be 10 times better than what we are currently getting.

Newcastle have made a fresh approach to Manchester United for Jesse Lingard. 

Lingard is out of contract at Old Trafford in the summer and has no interest in remaining at the club beyond this season. 

Newcastle's current league position means Manchester United would not strengthening a direct rival for the top four. 

Lingard is believed to be interested in what Newcastle have to say and may favour a permanent move. 

Lingard's contract situation means he can move on a free in the summer, so any offer from Newcastle would need to reflect this in terms of the finances on offer. 

Lingard has a good friendship with Newcastle's new signing Kieran Trippier, and is thought to have been impressed by the clubs ability to attract a player of his calibre to St James's Park. 

1 hour ago, hakka said:

Frowned when I read this. That warm toilet seat feeling is very unsettling.

Another unsettling memory - I worked in a railway office tower building for 15 years. 10 floors, each had a mens toilet with two urinals and two cubicles. Unwritten rule amongst us, if you walk in and someone is taking a shit in one of the cubicles, leave and use another floor. Worst thing ever is listening to someone (or them listening to you) strain, plop, splash and wipe. There was always a minority of wrong-uns that would not follow the rule and would rock up in the cubicle next to you and take a shit in parallel! Truly awful. Had some horrible Mexican stand offs while you'd both "wait" for the other to finish or leave, or quickly finish up while they use the hand dryer to mask any noises. An absolute no-no was having to shit in parallel and then having to face that person afterwards while exiting the cubicle, so one would hold back until the other left.

A person taking a shit should be free of warm seats and anyone able to hear them taking a shit, or hearing others taking a shit.

You'd love China :lol:

50 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Highly doubt they'll want to help us stay up either. 

They won't, but could be that Lingard quite fancies moving here tbh. He's never quite made it at Man U, he might see this as a new start of an exciting project, and a way to get back to the top. He's 29 now, like Trippier, this could be his last big pay day. 

Christ ,Lingard is 29 ? ….what a waste 

I thought he was 26 ish …he needs to do something…..ASAP 

Cant remember him ever holding a regular place down in the team in those 10 years ?

he probably has I can’t be arsed to check  , from recollection it seems he has forever been left on the bench / not in the squad 

excellent at West Ham though 

Aren’t they looking at a sale because he’s out of contract in 6 months ie last chance to get a fee for him? 

money talks. Don’t believe the bollocks they won’t sell. Glazers are money oriented - you don’t let assets leave for nothing. 

21 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

We'll get gazumped by Wham.

Man Utd are in competition with WHU this season. We aren’t so our troubles for once may play into our hands with regards the selling club.

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

I heard that he is signing for Club Tropicana

Hide contents

heh

Get that one of joeyt ;)

6 minutes ago, Andy said:

Doubt the Glazers give much of a fuck about whether we're relegated or not, they'll just look at the financial aspects of the deal. 

Time to send an email to my Bucs season ticket account rep and tell him they need to help NUFC out or I'll walk. @ManDoon think that'll work? Season ticket holders since 1995 :lol:

7 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Hahaha they are super pricey aren’t they? Worth a try, maybe after the playoffs haha 

would help if it was some massive fuck off luxury box :lol: club seats have been no joke - my old man has shelved a fortune on those tickets! 

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Doesn’t really matter how much we pay him if it’s only for half a season.

If he’s not worth it or we have better options in summer, just don’t buy. 

Except we could be relegated by then.