Jesse Lingard

Not apposed to him signing here on loan, but would have bigger reservations about him signing onto anything permanent. Doesn't seem that we're in talks with any other options other than him as to forward players, so guess you just have to get on board with it!

Whilst we wouldn't be getting the player we all saw last year at West Ham, he'd no doubt improve us going forward. We've nobody that is natural at breaking lines, playing direct and vertically and making defenders worry about space being left open. 

Would just feel 100x more easy about this if we had the back end of the side secured transfer wise. Adding Lingard into this side at present won't keep us up alone - it runs the risk of leaving us even more exposed the other way if we're still having to play Longstaff/Hayden/Shelvey/Joelinton in front of Lascelles/Clark/Schar/Fed.

18 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

In the video posted in the Eddie Howe thread, the lad makes the point that we don't have enough players who break into the box. At least he'll do that.

It's what we need. Players that have quality end product and will get in the box. :thup:

4 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Watching Joelinton and Longstaff bumble around the area is painful like. We're desperate for someone like Lingard. We still need to replace Shelvey too like.

Ive a spare wheelie bin that NUFC can have!

He'll be desperate to impress, I won't have any concerns over motivation. If he wasn't 100% on coming, I think he'd stay put for now, maybe negotiate with a club abroad.

A big plus will be having someone who is a threat with a shot from range.

2 hours ago, Sima said:

Remember when QPR signed Jenas? Aye, that basically.  This cunt won’t give a single fuck.

Hoping (because his mate Trippier is here) he'd actually put a shift in. And surely he wouldn't want the world to think he's dog shit? Plus, the boys got a warehouse full of shitty branded clothes to shift.

Edited by JUICE690

3 minutes ago, Ste said:

He'll be desperate to impress, I won't have any concerns over motivation. If he wasn't 100% on coming, I think he'd stay put for now, maybe negotiate with a club abroad.

This - if he's looking for a big contract this summer, then his performances over the next 3-4 months will play a big role in determining how much he could demand.

4 minutes ago, Ste said:

'I'm willing to sit on the bench at Man United unless I get an offer from London or a lucrative deal elsewhere' doesn't scream motivated to me like. I certainly wouldn't be touching him at an eight figure loan fee.

26 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

I still don't see this going ahead, I think we're being played, they'll string us along and pull the plug at the last minute.

Why would they do that? Has a club ever deliberately messed another club around in such a way? I doubt they care that much.

Edited by hakka

15 minutes ago, hakka said:

Why would they do that? Has a club ever deliberately messed another club around in such a way? I doubt they care that much.

They cared enough to call an emergency meeting when our takeover went through to complain about it and change the PL's rules to try to prevent us from competing with them.

It makes no sense that they would then loan us a player to help us to avoid relegation when that is the best way to prevent or at least significantly set back our future ability to compete with them.

Edited by Jackie Broon

8 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

They cared enough to call an emergency meeting when our takeover went through to complain about it and change the PL's rules to try to prevent us from competing with them.

It makes no sense that they would then loan us a player to help us to avoid relegation when that is the best way to prevent or at least significantly set back our future ability to compete with them.

Was reported they accepted our bid for permanent transfer? But player wants loan. How does that play for your conspiracy theory? Doesn't stack up for me.

Just now, hakka said:

Was reported they accepted our bid for permanent transfer? But player wants loan. How does that play for your conspiracy theory? Doesn't stack up for me.

That's if you believe everything that's reported. It just makes no sense for them to act the way they have in relation to our takeover and then help us avoid the one thing that could make what they are so concerned about go away.

1 hour ago, Sima said:

Remember when QPR signed Jenas? Aye, that basically.  This cunt won’t give a single fuck.

Watch podcast on Marc Birchall who was a coach at QPR at the time. He said that all the players coming in were on massive money, relegation get out clauses the lot - whilst likes of Jamie Mackie, Shaun Derry, Clint Hill were still on relative peanuts. 

Explained that basically, whilst splitting the dressing room in cliques, it became a situation where the lesser paid players would have rightly had no motivation to give a fuck either - they would have earned more money in Championship than in PL *more games, so more match bonuses* - only their professionalism would have seen them commit, whilst Djbril Cisse refused to play because his bit on the side didn't shag him night before, or the club having to pay off Samba Diakhate's Witch Doctor curse so that he could train pre-season.  

Edited by Clockwork Cheese

5 minutes ago, Clockwork Cheese said:

Watch podcast on Marc Birchall who was a coach at QPR at the time. He said that all the players coming in were on massive money, relegation get out clauses the lot - whilst likes of Jamie Mackie, Shaun Derry, Clint Hill were still on relative peanuts. 

Explained that basically, whilst splitting the dressing room in cliques, it became a situation where the lesser paid players would have rightly had no motivation to give a fuck either - they would have earned more money in Championship than in PL *more games, so more match bonuses* - only their professionalism would have seen them commit, whilst Djbril Cisse refused to play because his bit on the side didn't shag him night before, or the club having to pay off Samba Diakhate's Witch Doctor curse so that he could train pre-season.  

What podcast was that mate?