Jesse Lingard

£10m for a loan is nuts when he’s probably attainable for that on a transfer being so close to the end of his contract. I understand that the player might not want to come here permanently atm though and Howe isn’t keen on relegation clauses. 

Love how he's in Dubai, all this talking shit about how we're having our camp in Saudi, then we're buying a Manchester player, better fly out to where their camp is in fucking UAE.

Such bullshit moral "outrage", every big club is sucking the same oily teats for cash these days. I'm just glad to have caught up with the times and grabbed ourselves a nip so maybe we too can compete for something in the next fifty years.

1 hour ago, DoricGinola said:

If true, forget him and move on. We need players committed to getting us out this mess.

Agree, I'm not a fan of signing players who would rather be somewhere else. Think I'd prefer to go for Alli personally, at least he wants to come. 

Not sure if I’d rather Lingard or Alli.

Lingard clearly doesn’t want to come here, or even if he does he’ll be off in the summer. Not sure that’s the level of commitment we need right now.

As I said before, apart from a good 6 months at West Ham, he’s been a complete laughing stock for the rest of his career. A two year goal draught at Man Utd and they used to ridicule him.

Alli is a weird one. Clearly very talented but has spent the last few years more interested in his social media than his football. Would love him here if he actually wants to get involved but would worry we’ll end up with half-arsed performances from a mercenary.

That said, maybe both of them would improve us even with 10% effort compared to Ryan Fraser.

Is it 10M plus Lingard's wages? The initial reporting was well out about how much we were paying for Trippier.

Lingard's clearly better than Fraser, so he would improve the team. He can also play up front at a push, he did at West Ham for three games, if we are not going to play Gayle.

15 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Not sure if I’d rather Lingard or Alli.

Lingard clearly doesn’t want to come here, or even if he does he’ll be off in the summer. Not sure that’s the level of commitment we need right now.

As I said before, apart from a good 6 months at West Ham, he’s been a complete laughing stock for the rest of his career. A two year goal draught at Man Utd and they used to ridicule him.

Alli is a weird one. Clearly very talented but has spent the last few years more interested in his social media than his football. Would love him here if he actually wants to get involved but would worry we’ll end up with half-arsed performances from a mercenary.

That said, maybe both of them would improve us even with 10% effort compared to Ryan Fraser.

Got no issues with it to be honest. At least he's being open about it, and wants to keep his options open incase we do go down.

Look at Townsend.... played well under Rafa in those last few months but ultimately we still went down, he'd signed a permanent deal but wanted out just 6 months later.

Whatever contract we get Lingard on, hopefully he's still motivated enough to perform for his England WC place if nothing else.

Edited by TK-421

9 minutes ago, buzz said:

Trippier will be off in the summer too if we go down. Don't think it makes much difference, at least Lingard is being up front about it.

I’m not certain he would walk out on us if we go down as e’s getting a hefty salary that would be hard to match elsewhere and it seems this move was more of a family decision. I guess it’s the England thing that may mean he wants a move, but I’m not sure he gets into the next squad given the competition at right back. You never know, he may be convinced to stay on and see how we go

Don't think its a case of him not wanting to be here, seems like its more a case that he doesn't want to sign a permanent deal in case we get relegated, totally understandable really, a loan is a no lose for anyone, if he comes in and does well we can sign him in the summer, if not then we don't.

Obviously he had a really good 6 months at West Ham, other than that he's been sporadic ranging from hot prospect to fucking waster. He doesn't seem too.keen which gives me flashbacks to another certain England International who Obviously didn't want to sign for us. If we get him and he gives 100% then great but it leaves me a little uneasy when a player is basically saying, yeah I'll come if x doesn't want me.

34 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Don't think its a case of him not wanting to be here, seems like its more a case that he doesn't want to sign a permanent deal in case we get relegated, totally understandable really, a loan is a no lose for anyone, if he comes in and does well we can sign him in the summer, if not then we don't.

Is he not avoiding the loan as well? The way I've read most of the updates it reads to me like he's not interested whether it's permanent or temporary.

Unless I've misunderstood, I'm in the don't want camp too. Technically would be an improvement on our current options but what good is that if he couldn't give a shit from the day of arrival?

1 hour ago, DJ_NUFC said:

Is it wise to chase someone who so badly doesn’t seem to want to come here? Just going by reports, of course, none of us really know what’s going on with this one, or in Jesse’s head. 

Dunno. He may be interested in the loan, but not prepared to sign a contract. I know we can offer a relegation clause but that leaves his situation uncertain.