Jesse Lingard

I was thinking about the best way to do this last night and thought the best way to do it would be to sign him for a fee on a 2 year contract, which satisfies Man United, but put a release clause in that's activated in the summer for around the same amount, so he can go somewhere else if he wants while we also get some money back. That way everyone gets what they want. 

If it really is £10m for a loan til the end of the season for a player that's not too enthusiastic about coming, that's getting a bit QPR tbh. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

22 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

You're confident, that this is the guy to do it? 

9 goals for West Ham in 16 games and something like 4 assists. Might be more. If he did half that here it could be the difference between going down and stopping up.

Even a third of it.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I was thinking about the best way to do this last night and thought the best way to do it would be to sign him for a fee on a 2 year contract, which satisfies Man United, but put a release clause in that's activated in the summer for around the same amount, so he can go somewhere else if he wants while we also get some money back. That way everyone gets what they want. 

If really is £10m for a loan til the end of the season for a player that's not too enthusiastic about coming, that's getting a bit QPR tbh. 

I think if he moves in the summer he wants a Bosman not a release-clause transfer because the players get a bumper pay packet that way aye?

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

9 goals for West Ham in 16 games and something like 4 assists. Might be more. If he did half that here it could be the difference between going down and stopping up.

Even a third of it.

I knew he was awesome at West Ham but... those are crazy stats :lol: Get him in. I just hope it wasn’t a Willock-in-the-pan. But even a 1/3 of that return for us in the next couple of months would be huge. 

I didn’t realise but he’s scored 50 goals and has 29 assists in 174 games (based on his minutes played / 90 min) across his career.

Not bad considering he’s often been a bit-part player for Man Utd.

Averaging a goal or assist just over every 2 games.

Starting to convince myself he’ll be a really good signing. Would be miffed if he does well and then fucks off in the summer to somewhere shit like West Ham though.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

2 hours ago, DJ_NUFC said:

Is it wise to chase someone who so badly doesn’t seem to want to come here? Just going by reports, of course, none of us really know what’s going on with this one, or in Jesse’s head. 

I was listening to something recently where someone who knew him claims that he only really wants to play for Man United. His loan deal with West Ham was all about trying to get back into form to get back to Man United.

Is he refusing to sign a contract, or is he not being offered one?

10 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Do West Ham just not want him? Surprising with how well he did last season at them

They'll get him in the summer for free. They aren't going to chuck the sort of money we are able to, just to get him in this window. 

Doesn't he supposedly have a verbal agreement with WH for the summer?

Not that that will matter if someone offers more cash, I'm sure.

Maybe he thinks it's a risk coming here and potentially flopping. If he sits on the bench the next few months, he doesn't need to worry about West Ham not remembering him as the 9 goal freakshow. 

I think Newcastle when we're doing well is a great place to play football. If he comes and we stop up, and by definition he therefore does well, he'll most likely want to stay. We've got a great stadium, good fans, and ambitious owners. Maybe I'm biased, but it doesn't feel like that much of a risk to me?

Given the inaccuracy and unreliability of fees for players stated by journalists this window in relation to us, I’d suspect if we’re negotiating a loan fee for Lingard, it will fall way short of £10 million. Perhaps less than half of that.

If the journalists were to be believed, Trippier was about to cost us £25 million, only to end up costing less than half the widely reported amount.

Don’t waste your time on their speculative words, they quite clearly haven’t a clue about the finer details of the majority of what they report on.

8 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

I think Newcastle when we're doing well is a great place to play football. If he comes and we stop up, and by definition he therefore does well, he'll most likely want to stay. We've got a great stadium, good fans, and ambitious owners. Maybe I'm biased, but it doesn't feel like that much of a risk to me?

Exactly, if we stay up there’ll be few places in football more exciting this summer.

Edited by Whitley mag

14 minutes ago, Infinitely Content said:

Given the inaccuracy and unreliability of fees for players stated by journalists this window in relation to us, I’d suspect if we’re negotiating a loan fee for Lingard, it will fall way short of £10 million. Perhaps less than half of that.

If the journalists were to be believed, Trippier was about to cost us £25 million, only to end up costing less than half the widely reported amount.

Don’t waste your time on their speculative words, they quite clearly haven’t a clue about the finer details of the majority of what they report on.

I read somewhere that the loan fee is more like £5m so you're probably right.

Already been said but Lingard would take the pressure off ASM as we'd have more than 1 outlet and/or source of goals and assists. He's a good player, seems a sound lad and his dancing will get the yer das livid. No brainer for me.

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

Already been said but Lingard would take the pressure off ASM as we'd have more than 1 outlet and/or source of goals and assists. He's a good player, seems a sound lad and his dancing will get the yer das livid. No brainer for me.

Aye I'm livid just thinking about his dancing now. The fists are clenching.....

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

Is this bloke credible? I've followed any number of knackers on twitter in the last three months and I'm still trying to work out who I can listen to and who i can just write off as human beings.

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Is this bloke credible? I've followed any number of knackers on twitter in the last three months and I'm still trying to work out who I can listen to and who i can just write off as human beings.

Nah and for some reason he puts a chicken emoji at the end of all his tweets