Jesse Lingard

1 hour ago, Alberto2005 said:

I hate myself for it he's a bit of a tool but I can't help watching some of his videos they crack me up. He posted one earlier of him getting pissed in hospitality at the Leeds game Saturday.

Seen that. Looked like he had 2 bottles. Then couple sips of wine. He had two glasses of coke Next to his plate he was obv drinking that haha

wait wtf this guy is 29?! like have I been in a coma the last 10 years or something. :dowiespin:

158 Premier League appearances in 10 years if I'm reading this right. I feel like this is some big internet gotcha and some instagram bellend I don't recognise is going be all tiktok shit in my face or something. 

16 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

Anyone know how a loan fee pertains to FFP? Amortisation would surely be the full amount after the loan period expires? 

Not 100% but I would imagine the loan fee would go down as operational expenditure as it’s got no value whilst permanent signings are classed as capital expenditure which depreciate over the length of the contract. 

41 minutes ago, OCK said:

wait wtf this guy is 29?! like have I been in a coma the last 10 years or something. :dowiespin:

158 Premier League appearances in 10 years if I'm reading this right. I feel like this is some big internet gotcha and some instagram bellend I don't recognise is going be all tiktok shit in my face or something. 

Yep. 158 PL appearances with 29 goals (9 of those coming last year with West Ham) and 14 assists. 290 appearances in all competitions in total with 56 goals. 

Edited by Manxst

He'd be daft not to come here, to be honest. He's had another 6 months of sitting on his arse and by the time it gets to the end of the season and he's still at Manure that purple patch at West Ham will be a distant memory. Given that he'd then be 30, I couldn't imagine too many clubs wanting to take him for the wages he'd be after.

47 minutes ago, DMLeazesender said:

He's fighting for his England place so might be inspired by Trippier joining.

Trippier will help get Southgate to our matches. Lingard has already scored more league goals this season than Jadon Sancho, who is off form and barely playing. You'd have to think that England place is up for grabs.

In the PL, Lingard's 29 goals and 18 assists are more impressive when you realize they've come in 100 full games' of minutes (just under 9000). He has scored twice in 90 mins on the pitch this year.

As a final point, Lingard only has to do it against teams like Villa and Palace who'll be entering beach mode. With the bottom four so bad so far, most of the league can put their feet up already. We're not asking for CL level performances here.

4 minutes ago, Stottie said:

Trippier will help get Southgate to our matches. Lingard has already scored more league goals this season than Jadon Sancho, who is off form and barely playing. You'd have to think that England place is up for grabs.

In the PL, Lingard's 29 goals and 18 assists are more impressive when you realize they've come in 100 full games' of minutes (just under 9000). He has scored twice in 90 mins on the pitch this year.

Agree. He must realise he has more chance of being selected if he is playing week in week out.

2 minutes ago, Stottie said:

As a final point, Lingard only has to do it against teams like Villa and Palace who'll be entering beach mode. With the bottom four so bad so far, most of the league can put their feet up already. We're not asking for CL level performances here.

He may want to though if he feels "hey if this lot stop up they will Man City/Chelsea"

4 minutes ago, Stottie said:

Totally - he will have a chance to shine.

10 hours ago, SAK said:

Not saying you’re a racist mate but I find there’s a bias (could be unconscious) when black folk do something daft like taking a photo with a rapper and flipping a few hand signs that they’re twats. Judged to a different standard.

It’s scientifically proven bias. Not just a theory.