Jesse Lingard

5 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Just like Sevilla and Lille TBF. Hence why i struggle how some are blaming NUFC this window. Clubs really aren’t wanting to sell to us this window if they can avoid it.

I rthink they are willing but reckon they can get more than we are, so far, willing to give.

7 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Just like Sevilla and Lille TBF. Hence why i struggle how some are blaming NUFC this window. Clubs really aren’t wanting to sell to us this window if they can avoid it.

I can see this being the case for PL teams but not abroad - I think in the case of Botman and Carlos their respective teams are in the hunt for trophies and don’t want to lose key players absent crazy money.

I mean ... I'm not at all surprised Man United aren't trying to do us or Lingard any favours here. We are likely going to be a pain in the ass for them going forward should we stay up. And from the players point of view he has turned down an offer form them and is going to cost them a bigger transfer fee by insisting on a loan instead.

They hardly need a £6 million loan fee, and so this is not a big surprise at all. If we were signing him outright for around £12 million that would perhaps be a different story.

Just now, Theregulars said:

I can see this being the case for PL teams but not abroad - I think in the case of Botman and Carlos their respective teams are in the hunt for trophies and don’t want to lose key players absent crazy money.

Lille are not in the hunt for anything

1 minute ago, Theregulars said:

They’re still in the Champions League and 2 points off European football in the league. Being dismissive without any acknowledgement of reality is basic.

They won't win their league, qualify for CL or win the CL. I'm not sure they are keeping Botman just to get a Europa spot. More likely they believe they can get us to pay more now or conduct an auction in the summer.

Didn't mean to be rude, just succinct.

26 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

It all adds up to them not wanting to sell to us. They may have different reasons but all want the same outcome.

38 minutes ago, LFEE said:

It all adds up to them not wanting to sell to us. They may have different reasons but all want the same outcome.

Agreed - and think that was always going to be an issue this window. I’m not going to criticise them for aiming high, but would revisit that if the back-up options aren’t sensible and available.

42 minutes ago, morpeth mag said:

They won't win their league, qualify for CL or win the CL. I'm not sure they are keeping Botman just to get a Europa spot. More likely they believe they can get us to pay more now or conduct an auction in the summer.

Didn't mean to be rude, just succinct.

I agree with you that they look unlikely to win the league. I wouldn’t write them off qualifying for the CL just yet. I also agree that they’re unlikely to win the current CL, but they will sure as shit want to play their best possible side. I genuinely think they just didn’t want to get rid of him now absent silly money, because it would dent them on both league and CL fronts - arguably they can’t afford either because, as you rightly point out, they’re a long way off the league (and presumably, given their financial situation, are worried about CL qualification next year) and they need the best they can put out against a good Chelsea side in the CL. I could very well be wrong and they might be haggling knowing he’ll be off in the summer anyway (although they may, again rightly given how much we seem to rate him, think that we will be back in this summer with similar money). 

10 hours ago, The Prophet said:

To be fair, it sounds like Man United are being the unreasonable party in this instance.

Don't forget they were one of the protagonist's along with the other 17 I believe who prevented us from sorting sponsorship? Out for a month due to the takeover, bugger them and call it a day.The worst case scenario and hopeful outcome is we survive without getting anymore in and look forward to next season.

We’re being played by the media every single day of this window.

Make up a rumour, an hour later say a move has been rejected… clicks clicks clicks.

Every one of them are at it. Even the ones with the ticks.