Jesse Lingard

1 minute ago, Inferior Acuña said:

WTF, he scored 9 in 16 at West Ham, but has only scored 20 league goals in whole ManU career. Knew he'd done well on loan but...

Aye, it was a lovely little purple patch in an uninspiring career. If he can have another that would be fantastic.

He's clearly a very good footballer. The fact he can't get ahead of the likes of Sancho/Fernandes distorts his ability for that reason. 

I think this either goes swimmingly and he totally thrives under the pressure for us or it tanks. 

1 minute ago, Thumbheed said:

Why would the loaning side ever entertain this? Seems like they only lose from this. 

If the player insists he doesn't want a permanent deal so he can maximise his wages as a free in the summer then they may as well loan him

Obviously our situation is a bit desperate so we pay the higher fee and I reckon we'll have a relegation clause in there

I fully trust Howe to screen anyone who he thinks doesn't have the right attitude and mentality for a relegation battle. Signing someone who wasn't right from that point of view would be counter-productive.

I think he could do well here but - like Wood and any other attacking player we might sign - not without further reinforcements elsewhere. A replacement for Shelvey and at least one of Lascelles/Schar is still absolutely critical.