Jesse Lingard

Loan move would be good business all round, he instantly improves us just as he did West Ham, and nobody has to commit to anything. Another one where we just need to get it done before other offers come in. 

There’s no incentive for him to join anyone permanently now. But Man Utd also don’t want to lose him for nothing at the end of the season.

Unless they can sell him to someone else, a hefty loan fee might be an OK compromise. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Just now, hakka said:

I swear the flip flopping within an hour of reporting the opposite seems suspect. Seems a mass click bait escapade using our situation.

It is definitely very suspect. It's either that or it's literally live updates of negotiations happening real time as we try to get him registered by tomorrow dinnertime. 

Is it Lingard's side leaking the price that Man United have accepted? Very strange u-turn.

It's quite easy this one. Buy him for £6m.  And contract run till the end of the season. Should we stay up then that gets extended for 2 years and we pay another £6m. If the player doesn't want to join on those terms then I don't want him at all. 

8 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

There’s no incentive for him to join anyone permanently now. But Man Utd also don’t want to lose him for nothing at the end of the season.

Unless they can sell him to someone else, a hefty loan fee might be an OK compromise. 

Which is why you would have thought we were favourites for a loan, who else would want to pay a stupidly high loan fee? 

Sorry but this is all just bollocks!

Are you telling me within the last hour:

• NUFC put a bid into MUFC and somehow the press got to know.
  • Lings then tells press he doesn't want permanent and only loan
  • MUFC respond saying no loan, only permanent and tell press

Honestly this is all bullshit - no way can the press be privy to such information in such a short period of time!

Edited by Awaymag

6 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

Sorry but this is all just bollocks!

Are you telling me within the last hour:

• NUFC put a bid into MUFC and somehow the press got to know.
  • Lings then tells press he doesn't want permanent and only loan
  • MUFC respond saying no loan, only permanent and tell press

Honestly this is all bullshit - no way can the press be privy to such information in such a short period of time!

I think you're missing the key problem with reporting on transfers - those doing so aren't in the room. 

It's better to think of them as like waiters with two fussy eaters. Edwards will have been told by someone, 'There's a bid gone in, and I'll have the steak'. He scurries back to the kitchen and informs the chef. As he brings out the starters he's told 'That bid isn't happening, and I want fish now'. He scurries back again to inform the chef of the change. 

If you've bought a car or a house, you'll know there's pretty ample negotiation about costs, surveys, deals, etc. We're getting a much more blow by blow account than usual.