Jesse Lingard

11 minutes ago, STM said:

I reckon a 6m loan deal would probably do the job.

Once he is here, we can dangle whatever carrot we want, for a permanent summer move.

Not really bothered about a permanent deal tbh, only need him for this season. 

All hearsay and speculation, but one reason given for Lingard not joining West Ham was that he wanted to play for Man U and thought OGS would give him a chance.

That didn't happen, but their manager situation is now up in the air and they have players on very big contracts who could well be gone by next season.

If Lingard impressses with us on loan, one option he might have is a free agent-sized bonus from Man U to go back there to play under their new boss. If he accepted a permanent deal now, he would lose that option.

My main issue is that Lingard doesn’t seem particularly interested in the move and is happy to sit on the bench for six months. I think he’d help us a lot but I can’t be arsed with players who aren’t completely committed as we’re not staying up that way 

3 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Just throw ten million at Man United and get him on loan, could be the difference between staying up and going down.

If you're paying the 10m for a loan fee, you might as well pay the same to make it permanent and just give him a relegation clause for the same fee. Needs must.

2 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

He supports West Ham iirc, that’s the move he wants, they just don’t seem to have the money right now. If they finish top 4 that will change obviously. He waits I reckon.

“Jesse Lingard is a player who has become synonymous with Manchester United, but it could have been so different.

The 25-year-old is now a fixture of Jose Mourinho's squad and is a loud and proud Red Devils fan from birth.”

https://www.joe.co.uk/amp/sport/jesse-lingard-reveals-the-simple-reason-he-chose-manchester-united-over-liverpool-174132

Get him in until May, tell him it's an opportunity to put himself in the shop window with regular football.  He's much, much better than anything we currently have and at this stage a short term solution is absolutely fine.

Personally, won't be too worried missing out on Lingard. He only wants to be back with Declan and the boyz at West Ham. 

Far better than what we've got, no doubt, but we for sure won't be getting the player that finished last season for WHU. Has sat on his arse last months at Man United instead of going elsewhere other than West Ham to play actually play football. Just a bad feeling about him, and us seemingly so desperate in going after him.

Seems obvious he doesn't want to come here unless either being paid a fortune; not actually playing at staying at Man United for rest of season seems a more viable option for him.  

No doubt he's had months to sort a move this month from Man U, so testament to his motivations/viable options available to him that he's still a Man United player - despite playing 31 minutes of football since November.

Edited by Clockwork Cheese

He hasn't necessarily sat on his arse when he could have gone somewhere else though, word is that Man United wouldn't loan him out. Apparently OGS assured him he'd get a chance at the end of last season which is why he went back rather than going to West Ham, but then he's had no chance since then.

The only red flag for me is that we're not his first choice but when you're 19th and staring relegation in the face, and he's a player that's good enough to play in a top 10 team,  I think it's fair to call that beggars being choosers rather than a red flag.

It's clear he wants to go to a London club, West Ham or A.N.Other, but seems like he'd be happy enough to come here until the summer when he could move wherever he likes. Once here, I think he'd put in 100% for sure, never seen him as the lazy type, just  not quite been good enough to challenge Chelsea, City or Liverpool class strikers. 

Yes we are getting our eyes pulled out, but he probably would be the type of player who would make a difference. Who gives a shit if he won't be here after the summer? If we stay up we'd probably be looking to buy better anyway. 

11 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Lingard looked good at West Ham when Declan Rice was cleaning up everything in the midfield and playing simple passes through the middle for him to run onto.

We have nothing like that here.

yeah, we just have midfielders that are simple and can't clean anything up

5 hours ago, gbandit said:

My main issue is that Lingard doesn’t seem particularly interested in the move and is happy to sit on the bench for six months. I think he’d help us a lot but I can’t be arsed with players who aren’t completely committed as we’re not staying up that way 

I don’t think many of the players we have been linked with are particularly interested in the move. But we are doubling or trebling their wages in a lot of cases. Beggars can’t be choosers and all that. We are desperate for signings and in a desperate position. 

I’m hopeful we can get him in and that it is more of a Willock type loan and not Stephen Ireland. 

Guest Biggsbond14
16 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

I'd take him on loan but I still would want to see another CM come in

We need two anyway imho as we have no good competition there , longstaff keeps playing like he is and is that because he isn’t comfortable playing with lazy twat 

18 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Lingard looked good at West Ham when Declan Rice was cleaning up everything in the midfield and playing simple passes through the middle for him to run onto.

We have nothing like that here.

Along with runners and movement around him, especially when countering - Fornals, Bowen, Lanzini, Antonio, Yarmolenko, Benrahma. 

One of those cases of right club, right time. Easy to see why he had a good run of form there with how Moyes had West Ham playing at the time.

He's a step above what we've got at present mind - but it's fanciful to think you can pick up the Jesse Lingard that we saw play in second half of 20/21 and expect anywhere near that for us, adding in he's sat on his arse not playing for 6 months.  

Edited by Clockwork Cheese