Jesse Lingard

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Is this bloke credible? I've followed any number of knackers on twitter in the last three months and I'm still trying to work out who I can listen to and who i can just write off as human beings.

Pretty inconsistent. 

Also said late last night Bakker was pretty much done other than player terms to be agreed. Could still be true, I guess. 

1 minute ago, toontownman said:

Pretty inconsistent. 

Also said late last night Bakker was pretty much done other than player terms to be agreed. Could still be true, I guess. 

That deal's collapsed now though.

I can't get my head around loaning a player with 6 months left on his contract rather than just effectively buying the remainder of his contract. We've already played Man Utd twice, so it's not as though he can face them. This just uses up one of our potential PL loan slots which might come in handy on deadline day.

Just now, Matt said:

I can't get my head around loaning a player with 6 months left on his contract rather than just effectively buying the remainder of his contract. We've already played Man Utd twice, so it's not as though he can face them. This just uses up one of our potential PL loan slots which might come in handy on deadline day.

Leaves the door open for both parties at the end of the season to reevaluate I guess.

Can't really blame him for not wanting to commit too much, from his point of view he's coming into a pretty sketchy situation as far as he's concerned. He wants to keep his options open and I don't blame him a bit, the move has to be right for all 3 parties. 

1 minute ago, Mattoon said:

Leaves the door open for both parties at the end of the season to reevaluate I guess.

Yeah but you can do that just by effectively keeping the same contract he's already on. Free to do as he wishes at the end of the season. And I'm pretty sure PL loans can't be recalled any more.

If he comes and we stay up he will likely be a big part of that. Think he will be totally up for staying at that point. If not, who cares. We will buy someone better. 

If we go down. Fair enough. World Cup year and he needs to be playing top flight to get into the England squad.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think Man U would much rather sell him and we would rather but him but he will only come to us on loan (Can't really blame him). Man U probably feel getting a loan fee and his wages paid is better than nothing.

Wiley’s an old skool Uk rap legend, they probably grew up listening to him not sure what’s wrong with taking a photo with him. If this was two white footballers taking a photo with Liam Gallagher would anything be said?