Jesse Lingard

8 minutes ago, SAK said:

Wiley’s an old skool Uk rap legend, they probably grew up listening to him not sure what’s wrong with taking a photo with him. If this was two white footballers taking a photo with Liam Gallagher would anything be said?

[emoji38] How did this become about racism within one reply?

Edited by Nine

Just now, Barnes23 said:

Embarrassing commentary tbh, happy to have him but a "*wow*" signing this is not

Yeah, January, in our position isn't the time for "wow" signings anyway, what we've got so far is sensible business that will help us to stay up and thats what we need.

Summer is the time for the big ones.

9 minutes ago, SAK said:

Wiley’s an old skool Uk rap legend, they probably grew up listening to him not sure what’s wrong with taking a photo with him. If this was two white footballers taking a photo with Liam Gallagher would anything be said?

Having seen how tragic James Maddison is and dresses, it absolutely would be said. 

Just now, The Prophet said:

Has to be said like if it was a choice between Lingard and Alli, the latter has a much higher potential ceiling, he was genuinely class.

Indeed but hes also perhaps the more risky signing of the two. 

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Has to be said like if it was a choice between Lingard and Alli, the latter has a much higher potential ceiling, he was genuinely class.

Lower floor as well though, Lingard really impressed me at West Ham last season, took a step down and genuinely worked his bollocks off and got the rewards for it.

Seen nothing of the like from Alli since he started struggling for form and games at Spurs

14 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Wasn’t him, he wasn’t a footballer. Probably Gillespie?

Currently plying his trade in Charlotte, North Carolina is Gabriel. 

I will admit I initially forgot about him which meant Danny Simpson jumped into my head.

34 minutes ago, Nine said:

[emoji38] How did this become about racism within one reply?

Not saying you’re a racist mate but I find there’s a bias (could be unconscious) when black folk do something daft like taking a photo with a rapper and flipping a few hand signs that they’re twats. Judged to a different standard.

Just now, cubaricho said:

Marveaux there as well.

J'adore Marveaux. 

For me, he's one I wished it had worked for and I thought had limited chances to impress. I also think he was likely sold a club that didn't match in terms of style. 

Just now, Thiago said:

J'adore Marveaux. 

For me, he's one I wished it had worked for and I thought had limited chances to impress. I also think he was likely sold a club that didn't match in terms of style. 

Him and Merino are my two that I really really wish it would've worked out while here, especially Marveaux.

Marveaux was such a classy player, criminal how little we got to see of him like many players from that era. Some of his passing was on a different level, in terms of "football IQ" he was every bit the equal of Cabaye and Ben Arfa.

Well deserving of a permanent place in my avatar imo