Jesse Lingard

8 hours ago, ianovthetoon said:

Not 100% but I would imagine the loan fee would go down as operational expenditure as it’s got no value whilst permanent signings are classed as capital expenditure which depreciate over the length of the contract. 

That's how I'd read it too, then who gives a flying what kind of fee we pay for a loan?

Wouldn't be my personal choice, but he's lightyears ahead of what I thought we could attract and is undeniably talented when motivated, as seen at WHAM.

Bring him in and let's get the feel good factor building!

He was brilliant on loan at West Ham last season. 

Lingard is one of these players who's sort of wasted his career being a bit part player at a top club when he could have been a genuine star for a lesser team. It's understandable because it's his club but still seems a bit of a shame.

1 hour ago, Clockwork Cheese said:

England hat on - hope to fuck Lingard is nowhere near the starting XI for England come end of the year

I mean, if he is and he's playing for us then that means his form justifies it, so I'd be fairly happy with that personally. 

5 minutes ago, Andy said:

I mean, if he is and he's playing for us then that means his form justifies it, so I'd be fairly happy with that personally. 

I guess so, but would also mean a lot of players' careers have really tanked overnight.

Even with Lingard having a resurgence towards end of this season and into the next, it's a huge thought to think he can be starting for England. If he can even go that would be a huge achievement. Plenty of players, on form that would be ahead of him even if he was playing like he was at West Ham. 

Next England game is at end of March. He's barely kicked a ball since end of last season; for him to be in that squad he should be playing now to at least to a standard you're seeing out of someone like Bowen, let alone getting ahead of establish squad players. 

Far from a given that he'll ever find the form he showed at West Ham again, certainly not straight away hitting the ground running again - that's even if he bothers to get himself out of Man U this week.

35 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

The reported 10mil loan fee makes this difficult. I wonder if they are trying to structure this up j a way whereby lingard is obligated to sign permanently if we stay up. 

The fee is £3.5m that’s been reported this morning on the radio.

There’s so much bullshit in the press about us, anyone who’s not in the loop just seems to add on another 0 to our offers which doesn’t sound in keeping at all with our policy. We’re clearly happy to spend big but we’re not buffing offers to ridiculous levels

23 minutes ago, TRon said:

This one died a bit of a death today. Yesterday we were discussing which would be better, Lingard or Alli, today he's fighting allegations of racism, and Dele's on his way to Paris.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10440593/Brighton-Burnley-Everton-ready-hijack-Newcastles-Tottenham-outcast-Dele-Alli.html 

Brighton, Burnley, Everton or Dortmund too. 

Brighton or Dortmund would actually be a canny move for him tbf. 

5 minutes ago, toontownman said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10440593/Brighton-Burnley-Everton-ready-hijack-Newcastles-Tottenham-outcast-Dele-Alli.html 

Brighton, Burnley, Everton or Dortmund too. 

Brighton or Dortmund would actually be a canny move for him tbf. 

Think you can write those lot off, why go to Burnley already I believe have given up t,he ghost,, Everton are scraping the barrel with results and continue to drift down, Brighton not exactly a team to improve his options, other lot don't think so, only us his viable option though time will tell.